“Accomodating with a large group”

Courtyard Boston Brookline
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brookline
GreenLeadersGold level
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Accomodating with a large group”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Traveling with high school students for a convention, we stayed at the Courtyard in Brookline in mid November--right at the end of the busy fall season. The staff was very amenable to our large group. Rooms were clean and comfortable; staff was exceptionally friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sam H
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Sam H ,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words. I will make sure that I share your review with my entire staff. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again. Have a great day and a better tomorrow.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
Union
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We have stayed at many properties throughout the Boston area and this hotel ranks very low on the Value scale- The hotel was clean and safe. But the experience was nothing better than average- I have recently stayed in many other three star locations and this hotel most definitely is overrated comparatively speaking- I would consider this property to be a 2 1/2 star hotel at very best- The value is really off kilter- $30 to park and EVERYTHING is an extra- very expensive- you can do ALOT better if you take the time to do some research on Priceline. Do not try to park on the street or your car will be towed- Welcome to Boston!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear ddogmay,

I would like to apologize for the concerns you voiced regarding you previous stay. Guest feedback is so important to us here at Courtyard Brookline. If you could give me a call I would really like to speak to you regarding your stay. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards

Assistant General Manager
617-396-2005
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel and experience couldn't have been more perfect. We were visiting daily at the hospital. The staff was friendly and helpful. Shuttle service quick and convenient. Rooms spotless and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen J
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Karen J,

Thank you so much for your great remarks. I am so glad to hear that your experience went very well and I will make sure that I share with my team your glowing review about them. Next time you are in the area we look forward to you staying with us again. Have a great day and a better tomorrow.

Best Regards,
brockton
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This place was clean, the staff, (except one person) was very courteous and the room accommodation was comfortable. The gym was small but adequate, I felt safe and parking was a breeze. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: I liked the room in the higher floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank vacationingallover
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Good Afternoon vacationingallover,

I am so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience here at the Brookline Courtyard. Thank you so much for your glowing review and I will make sure my staff is praised from your kind words. Your feedback is extremely appreciated as well as impetrative to ensure we consistently are exemplifying excellent customer service. Look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are in the area. Thank you again for everything and have a happy New Year.

617-396-2005
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We booked a reservation for 4 adults months prior to our visit. Only to arrive and be told there were no 2 queen rooms available. They 'upgraded' us to a king suite that was supposed to have a pull out couch. The room barely fit a king bed and there was no couch. Since they were out of roll aways, they moved us AGAIN to an actual suite, however the pull out couch was too small for my children, never mind 2 full grown adults! And HORRIBLY uncomfortable! The did comp us things like 1 car's free parking, but we should've been offered 2 rooms with actual beds!

The hotel itself is nice, good location, nice rooms. But the staff were not friendly, the 'upgrade' was ridiculous and then the posted the wrong charges to my credit card the next day. When I called to discuss it, I was given the run around and rudely interrupted. We will not stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kelly A
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Kelly A,
Thank you for taking time to provide comment for your recent stay. I have emailed you and would love the opportunity to resolve this to your satisfaction. I apologize your request was not honored and you did not enjoy your stay with our staff. Please contact me at your convenience to allow me the opportunity to make it right for you. I look forward in hearing from you soon. Happy holidays!

Mui Huang
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed overnight recently at this Courtyard Marriot. It was a beautifully kept hotel...service was great, clean and lovely rooms, parking convenient, location to Brookline perfect. We were upgraded to a room on the 8th floor as I am a Marriot Elite card holder. The room was spacious and the view of the city incredible. We can't wait to go back to Brookline to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the 8th floor overlooking the city it is worth it
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jsl8367
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear jsl8367,
Thank you for your perfect 5 review. We are proud of our team, brand and location. Thank you for being an elite member and we look forward to your return very soon.

Mui
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is average. Location is ok, rooms are ok, amenities ok, etc. The service is good and I had a pleasant stay. However, it is a bit expensive for a hotel of its caliber. Nonetheless, if you decide to stay here notwithstanding the price and location, you should have an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank AMJ92
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear avja,
Thank you for your recent stay. We are happy to hear the staff was a delight during your stay. We look forward to your return. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Mui Huang
617.396.2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#14 of 83 in Boston
Hotel Commonwealth
Hotel Commonwealth
#8 of 83 in Boston

Been to Courtyard Boston Brookline? Share your experiences!