Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline
$216
  • Restaurant
The Bertram Inn(Brookline)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationcoolidge cornergreen linestarbucks coffeefront desk staffsmall poolrestaurants in the areawithin walking distancewould definitely stay here againnice roomtrader joesmovie theatereasy accessbeacon streetcollege visitlots of shopsunderground garage
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I agree with the "A well located . . . " review below.

A rant: Marriott should reconsider its policy of downgrading in-room coffee to get people to purchase coffee in the lobby. One cup of coffee with powdered milk is not good.

Otherwise, pretty good hotel in an absoliutely great location.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter C
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear FAMILY44444,
Thank you for staying with us. Did you request for more coffee during your stay? Our staff would be delighted to bring you milk or cream for your coffee. Courtyard Brookline is a great product and has the perfect location. We hope to see you soon again. Thank you.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

The courtyard Brookline is a "new concept type Courtyard." The hotel is modern clean and somewhat unwelcoming. The location is great for everything in Brookline. The weekend price of $349 plus 28 per night for parking seems excessive even for Boston. Five star hotels in the Copley square area are about the same. The rooms are large but completely standard with no charm. Air conditioning in this hotel as in some newer marriotts of several brands is bizarre. The temperature is set but there is no way to control fan speed. It's always too hot or too cold. The hallways are cold enough to hang meat. Fortunately the window can be opened a bit to stabilize the temperature. There is no minibar in the room though there is a mini refrigerator. There is no vending on floors. There is ice. There is a typical marriott market in lobby. There is an underground garage that is unattended. The Saturday night we were there the elevator was not working and it is two long flights up to the front of the hotel. There is a small business area in lobby with three computers and a printer. There is a pleasant grassy area that could be a setting for weddings and ballrooms, that we didn't see. Two elevators to floors that are slow since they are service elevators as well and are used by staff during cleaning and servicing hours which of course correspond with departure peak hours in the morning.

The bistro for breakfast is awful. We had a breakfast included rate and it is limited to a drink and a hot plate. The eggs supposedly freshly prepared were terrible, the toast was cold and the potatoes tasteless. The juice was bottled and if one chose it one had to
Pay for coffee. The really seems stingy And short sighted. Save your money. There is a Starbucks three minutes away and any number of coffee shops and restaurants for breakfast steps away. Don't have breakfast at the hotel n

We had a room across from the linen and service room. Service carts were in the hall day and night which is just annoying just outside our door. Why they weren't put in the service area seems odd. Surely housekeeping must have a policy about that.

The front desk personnel seem pleasant but are clueless about the neighborhood. Three times we asked for directions. Three times they sent us in the wrong direction. Bring your gps, smart phone or a map.

All in all a physically decent hotel if a bit sterile, in a good location if you know your way around. Don't eat there. Don't expect anything more than a room and a place to park which is a considerable asset in an area where parking is scarce as hen's teeth. Don't look too closely at the details. They seem ragged. I guess their management team doesn't do the kind of walkarounds and surprise inspections that are needed to keep things sharp.

So if you need to be in Brookline it's ok. But if you have reason to be in Boston and can be downtown you can do better.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Thaud .

Dear Toxdocdenver,
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your time and comments as it will only help us do better. I am sorry your breakfast experience did not live up to your expectation. Please contact me directly so that I may help you resolve any concerns you may have. I look forward in speaking with your soon and returning to our property for the future. Thank you.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is very nice, rooms are spacious, good service. Good location with super easy access to the main Greenline of the T. They kept our luggage with no complaints because we arrived before check-in time (we went out to eat during the interim) and wanted to stay in town after check-out time. We never tried the restaurant/bar, but it didn't look like much - although I can't really say. I do think it's a bit pricey, but I have yet to find anything better in the area. So, I guess it's okay in that regard. I would (and probably will) stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear MbethLilesville,
Thank you for posting your review. Our Bistro where you can eat, drink and connect is awesome. The media pods are cozy and comfortable. I love the chicken flatbread, I am confident you will love it. We look forward to your next visit! Thank you.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed for three days in August with the my wife and three kids. Beautiful hotel in a beautiful neighborhood. Great shopping , restaurants and the subway to downtown is a block away. The rooms were immaculate and the staff was very courteous and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Boston.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jon l

Dear jon l,
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We are thrilled your stay was perfect. We hope to see you soon in our lovely neighborhood.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The staff really went out of their way to accommodate me, with unusual Courtyard offerings from free cookies to a scratch-off to earn more points to Elite members. The rooms could use some work in terms of decor and cleanliness, and the price is high for what it is (I stayed on points), but the staff does a great job of providing as much service as they can.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Joseph T,
Thank you for your post. We try to meet our guests' expectation with regards to service as our ultimate goal is guest satisfaction. I apologize for the condition of your room. I thank you for reaching out to me so that I can review the room. We hope to see you soon again. Thank you.