“Great service”

Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brookline
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The staff really went out of their way to accommodate me, with unusual Courtyard offerings from free cookies to a scratch-off to earn more points to Elite members. The rooms could use some work in terms of decor and cleanliness, and the price is high for what it is (I stayed on points), but the staff does a great job of providing as much service as they can.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Joseph T,
Thank you for your post. We try to meet our guests' expectation with regards to service as our ultimate goal is guest satisfaction. I apologize for the condition of your room. I thank you for reaching out to me so that I can review the room. We hope to see you soon again. Thank you.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I live in Boston and know this area well. We were booking a block of rooms for my son's wedding. I called the sales department and no one ever called me. After meeting with the Holiday Inn just down Beacon St, I decided to stop in. They found a sales staffer to show me around and show me a room. She took all my information and said they would call me with a room rate. Nothing, never got a call.

This is an awkward location on a side street, hard to find if you don't know the area. The lobby has a bit of a cheap feel. There is sort of a cafeteria set-up for breakfast, and what they call a bar is in the same space. Not nice at all. We ended up booking at the Holiday Inn where the rooms and amenities are so much nicer. It's like night and day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear aeisenberg,
Thank you for your feedback. This is not the Marriott service we like our guest to encounter. I have emailed you but have not heard from you. I would like to personally connect with you to inform you of our services. I understand you have booked with elsewhere but I assure you we have a great product and location. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I liked the hotel, but the room we had facing the back of the hotel was right above the dumpsters and twice during our 5 day stay the dumpsters were picked up at 7am making a ton of noise - beeping, clanging, and it woke us both days. It was really a problem when you are paying to get sleep somewhere. When I inquired after the first time there were no rooms available on our floor facing the other side. We had several rooms in our family and needed to be together. It was the final night of our stay and it happened again. At the front desk all they could say was "I'm sorry". Not a real tone of concern or caring of the problem. Management needs to fix this. For a $200 - $260 a night rate there should not be this kind of disruption. Other than that, the hotel was decent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear 360pas,
Thank you for your feedback. Our dumpster pick up is scheduled for after 8AM as we are aware our guests are on property. The dumpster you heard was for the building next to us. I apologize for your inconvenience you have encountered and thank you for bringing it to my attention. Please contact me directly so that I may resolve to your satisfaction. Thank you.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had an excellent one night stay at this property. My room was very clean, quiet and very comfortable. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The only hiccup was upon arrival. The driveway was short and the person at the car in front blocked the entrance as he waited for the valet to come get his car. Except there is no valet parking. I wish there had been better signage for the garage entrance. I knew there was no valet, but didn't know if I could just head down into the garage and have the fee charged to my room or what (the garage looked more like a public one and not a hotel-only one). The location was excellent - just one short block from the T stop and amidst tons of shops and restaurants. The T ride into central Boston took about 15-20 minutes and I never had to wait long for a train. I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank asdca
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear asdca,
Thank you for your excellent review. It was our pleasure having you as our guest. I know you will be choosing us when you are in town again. I thank you for your continued support.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We were greated with friendly smiles and positive attitudes. Also they give huge military discounts! Our price for the hotel dropped almost $50.00!!! However, the original price was a tad bit ridiculous for the stay. The room was very clean and it was a great atmosphere. Brookline was also a great place to stay with a lot of things to do within walking distance. Overall just a great night, but a little to pricey.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear MelissaMarie115,
Friendly smiles and positive attitudes are what we are. We are happy you have enjoyed your stay with many more to come. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Brookline.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel is a fine hotel with nice features. But what I really loved was the neighborhood. Coolidge Corner is a great walking neighborhood with a large number of restaurants, a couple of drug stores, a lot of specialty shops and a grocery store. Cheaper than staying downtown, this hotel has easy access to the downtown tourist spots via the C train of the Green Line. If you’re taking the train from the airport, the hotel is across the street and one block further west from the station. Fine hotel, great neighborhood.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cynthia321
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Cynthia321,
Thank you for taking time to write about your recent experience. We are happy you have enjoyed your stay. I hope many more to come. Thank you.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We just stayed 6 nights here and chose the hotel because it is close to where our son lives who is in graduate school at BU. Can't say enough about the cleanliness of the room and the happy demeanor of the housekeeping staff. We had breakfast a couple of days in the café and were greeted with warmth each time by the servers there. The food was served quickly and was very good both times. The location of the hotel is close to the Coolidge Corner T stop, and there are numerous restaurants, shops, as well as a Trader Joe's close by. We had a double queen room on the top floor and though not huge, was certainly adequate and the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travelingirlMemphis
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear travelingirlMemphis,
Thank you for your perfect 5. I can't thank you enough for the great comments to our staff and service. Since your son is in graduating school of BU, I am sure we will have you back. We look forward to your return. Thank you.

617.396.2005

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Courtyard Boston Cambridge
#18 of 19 in Cambridge
Allston / Brighton
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge
Fenway / Kenmore
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#12 of 84 in Boston

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline? Share your experiences!