“not perfect but worth staying at”

Courtyard Boston Brookline
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brookline
GreenLeadersGold level
cortlandt manor, ny
“not perfect but worth staying at”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Stayed as part of a group so the price was a good deal. The best part of this hotel is that the beds are very comfortable and the hotel/surrounding area are pretty quiet so I got a great night sleep. The room itself was neat and clean. I didnt realize I had a fridge until I was leaving but a nice touch. The free wi-fi was helpful. The kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub. There were problems with the elevators while we were there but the biggest problem was lack of hot water. The staff was aware of the problem and it was fixed as soon as possible.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
bosbl, Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Hello swim4gold,
Thank you for your great feedback. I sincerely apologize for the problem you have experienced during your stay. I am sure your next stay with us will be a perfect one. See you soon. Thank you.
Mui Huang
Assistant General Manager
617-396-2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
Rockport, Texas
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We got a very good deal through Priceline so it was very reasonably priced. The staff was helpful and there was a T-stop just outside of the door. The neighborhood was quiet and the facilities were wonderful--a great nights sleep.

Room Tip: I can't imagine that there would be a bad room in the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank KAlbin
bosbl, Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear KAlbin,
Thank you for your great feedback and the comment on our staff. We look forward in having you stay with us the next time you are in town. Please let me know if I can further assist. Thank you, 1-617-396-2005
Mui
North Adams, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This was our first visit to the Courtyard Marriott, Brookline. We have stayed down the road for many years with many problems we 're glad to now be staying here. Clean rooms, extremely friendly and helpful staff. easy to get in and out of. The "T" is right there along with scores of things to do within walking distance. We WILL be back.

Jim, Sheri and family.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
bosbl, Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Hello Guest,
Thank you for your review on the Courtyard Brookline. I appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can further assist. Thank you.
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Very Welcoming staff, we were able to check in early. Room was appointed nicely. Free wifi was a plus.

• Stayed September 2011
bosbl, Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed in this hotel along with other family members for three nights in September. The hotel is very conveniently located - the Coolidge Corner "T" light rail/subway station is a block away. I took the "T" from the airport to the hotel. The property is located in a great neighborhood. There are many stores and restaurants and even a movie theater close by, and it's a short ride on the light rail/subway into Boston. My room was nice - a pretty standard upscale business hotel room with two queen beds, a desk, and a chair with an ottoman. I didn't have a car, but other family members staying in rooms in the hotel did, and I was surprised they had to pay for parking - it was quite expensive too. I brought a bathing suit to swim in the indoor pool, but the pool is very small. There's an exercise room, which I didn't use either since I preferred to walk the neighborhood. All in all a very convenient and nice hotel to stay at, and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I could see downtown Boston from my room, which was nice.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
bosbl, Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Brookline's Courtyard is a not too fancy, (much) better than average choice for a trip to Boston. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Wifi was free. It even has its own private, interior park. The hotel is a block away from the T (Boston's subway), which takes you to downtown's attractions, and within walking distance to dozens of restaurants and shops. A solid choice from which to start your adventures.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank eck2005
bosbl, Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Mui Huang 617-396-2005.
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I recently had my second stay at the Marriott in Brookline. The rooms are very basic typical hotel rooms. Average linens, many pillows on the bed, some not of very good quality but reasonably comfortable. Free coffee and tea every morning in the lobby and free tea in the afternoon. The smallish but well kept gym has about 3 treadmills, one elliptical and one bike along with a decent rack of free weights. The last time I was there I had the gym to myself, this past visit (during hurricane Irene) it was packed all morning. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. There are several cabs that sit out front all day and into the night. So, if you don't want to walk the very lovely and I was told very safe Brookline neighborhood- a cab is easy to come by. Also, the hotel is just a block over from the T stop at Coolidge Corners. The area has several great restaurants. (Check out Trip Advisor recommendations for Brookline- Pomodoro is not mentioned but is fantastic- on Harvard Ave.). All and all a great hotel. Can be expensive during high college event times but generally the price matches the value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SuzieQ33
bosbl, Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Hello Guest,
Thank you for your review on the Courtyard Brookline. Pomodoro is listed in our guest directory and GoBoard as it is an excellent choice. I appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can further assist. Thank you.
Mui Huang 617-396-2005.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#15 of 83 in Boston
Hotel Commonwealth
Hotel Commonwealth
#8 of 83 in Boston

Been to Courtyard Boston Brookline? Share your experiences!