Open today: 8:30 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Lovely bookstore

The book store has a great selection of books. What I love the most is that you can find some... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
emilybsb
Boston, Massachusetts
Great Indie Bookstore with a large adjacent used section

This store was known as Paperback Booksmith when I grew up here in the 1960s & 1970s. Since then... read more

Reviewed August 7, 2019
davidbc2016
Brookline, Massachusetts
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Brookline
from $65.00
More Info
All reviews independent bookstore book store great bookstore great selection greeting cards coolidge corner book lovers children's books gift items dying breed boston souvenirs biscuits half price knowledgeable staff local business public library gift shop
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

Great place to wander around the shelves. Good suggestions on reads and sale tables. They always find time to give the dog a biscuit.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019

This store is a local business in an industry that has been taken over by companies like
Amazon. They have an enormous selection of books, cards, etc. which also includes
used books downstairs. Their people are very pleasant, so it's always a pleasure to
visit this store.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

What a fabulous bookstore. Aside from books they have a great variety of jewelry journals and other unique items. It was great for us because I was looking for a book and there was still plenty for my teenage daughter to look at and not be bored! Great staff great ambience!

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019

I've looked for books there and have found whatever I am looking for. They have a great selection of children's books and good discounts and often interesting author's lecture there.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed April 22, 2019

THIS is a bookstore. It's beautiful. It has a great selection of books. (I just bookstores by what they have out on their tables and what books their booksellers recommend, and Brookline Booksmith is a reader's bookstore by those measures.) I was in there for about 10 minutes and then fled, because I already had two books in my hands (there wasn't much room in my suitcase!). If I lived anywhere Brookline, I'd have to get a job here for the discount on the thousands of books I would buy. It's wonderful. Go.

Date of experience: April 2019