“Amazing”

The Abbey
Ranked #6 of 203 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This place has it all. Unique and tasty drinks, great appetizers and main courses, dimly-lit ambience, and reasonable prices for the quality. Considering how good the food is and how nice the atmosphere is, The Abbey remains unpretentious. My personal favorites are the oven baked brie with caramelized onions and apples, the bison bolognese, and the Fearless King cocktail with Irish Whisky, basil, and grapefruit juice. I've been here many times over the last couple of years and each meal has been good. This is one of my favorite restaurants in the city. My only wish is for them serve dessert.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Colleen71690

“One of my favorite little places”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I have dined here several time in the last few years. The menu is compact, but every meal has been very good. The small plates and appetizers are interesting and I really like their cocktails. The atmosphere is relaxed and casual with a neighborhood feel. The prices are reasonable and the service efficient and friendly. There are not many places in this area that check all those boxes.

Visited March 2014
Brookline, MA
“Outstanding pub food and more”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The folks who made Washington Square Tavern great decamped to start The Abbey. The food is even better, consistent, beyond just pub food, to be honest. Worth waiting for. For lunch or dinner or brunch. And very good beers on draft, very good wine selection. Small, intimate, not too noisy and a neighborhood treasure.

Visited January 2014
Scottsdale
“Best we have had”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This place was a nice surprise. The exposed brick walls and hardwood floors add to the experience. The service was 10+, which complimented the 10+ meal we had. Every dish that came out, and went to surrounding tables, looked fantastic. No one seemed to leave with out saying how exceptional their meal was. We like veggies, so we tried some of their side dishes. Just when you think you are not crazy about kale they surprise you with a light, fresh, flavorful dish that you know you will return for at first chance! We highly recommend the shaved brussell sprouts too.Try the various side dish vegetables. The burger seemed to be the local favorite. The bar had nice selections as well. The place has a good feel and is very relaxing. We are very happy we came across it.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Victoria M
Boston, Massachusetts
“A local favorite”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I've been living in Brookline for a couple of years now, and I would have to say that this place is one of my favorites in the area. I stumbled in Oct 2012, and since then, have brought in a few of my friends, who all love The Abbey now too. Not only are the drinks great (a wonderful cocktail list too), but the food is pretty amazing. The best dish though? The truffle fries. $5 for a plate of heaven. There's a decent amount of them too. Can be easily shared with 2 people, though you might want to get one for yourself since they're so good. I've also had their flatbread pizza, and cod fritters. I have many favorite items off the menu here. And one of the great things about The Abbey is that the kitchen is open until late :)

• Visited August 2013