“Authentic and delicious”

Ranked #83 of 205 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Specializing in Baja California-style fish tacos, real quesadillas, and authentic cemitas, Dorado Tacos features an innovative approach to Mexican street food. Dorado Tacos prepares all its own salsas, dressings, gluten-free marinades, and meat rubs with fresh, seasonal produce and traditional herbs and spices.
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We were thrilled when Dorado came to the neighborhood. There are several 'taco' and burrito places, but Dorado has the most authentic Mexican style tacos of them all. The ingredients are fresh and flavorful, and they have regular specials. Of special note are pretty much all the tacos (the grilled fish is sometimes dry), the quesadillas, and the corn when in season. I also love the watermelon agua. I personally find the black beans that come with the plate too spicy, and I don't get the point of the grilled hot pepper that no one seems to eat.You can't beat the value.

1  Thank CW29
There are newer reviews for Dorado Tacos & Cemitas

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I live in the area and this place is one of my local favorites. Don't expect anything fancy, the food is served on paper cartons and there isn't a lot of tables to eat, but the tacos are AMAZING. I highly recommend the ensanada if you like spicy or the dorado if you want something milder, I also tried the yellowfin tuna special which was really good as well.

1  Thank Zisil86
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Before heading down the street to the Coolidge Corner Cinemas my friend and I stopped here for a quick bite at one of their nice outdoor tables. The fish taco (the Ensenada with beer battered Atlantic whitefish, cabbage, salsa fresca, pickled onions and Baja crema) and the shrimp taco (chipotle marinated & beer battered shrimp, jicama, pineapple salsa and Baja crema) were both absolutely delicious. They have beer too. I was very, very pleased and will return.

1  Thank RamblinDan
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Very casual, order at the counter type of place. There are only a few tables. These were fantastic fish tacos. Had the special which was yellow fin tuna, with guacamole. Dorado was tasty, as well as House Made Chorizo. Also had the Chicken Taco soup, and rice and beans on the side. Great value for the money. 5 of us ate a full dinner for under $50.00

doradotacos, Owner at Dorado Tacos & Cemitas, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

"GJB Traveler,"
Thanks for taking the time to post your comments about our restaurant on TravelAdvisor. We appreciate your generous and detailed comments, and pleased you enjoyed our food.
Thank you again for your remarks.
Michael Brau
co-owner

Reviewed September 27, 2010

This tiny place has a few tables inside and out. The food got mixed reviews from my family. Everything is served ala carte in paper trays. The chicken and also shrimp tacos are tiny and priced very low. They were pretty good but nothing special, served in mini soft taco shells. The gazpacho was liquified to the point of its being like a thin broth with a few chunks of tomato, and very bland. The guacamole was good and so were the chips. I ordered a calamari taco. It consisted of a calamari patty made of ground up squid. It was grilled and actually very delicious. I would recommend it. However, when I ordered another one it was served raw. The waitress was quick to get it back to me cooked longer. If you want some quick takeout, I guess this would be O.K. but definitely nothing special. There are many "Mexican" options in the neighborhood and I think you might find something better somewhere else.