“Simply Wonderful!”

Coolidge Corner Guest House
Ranked #3 of 11 Brookline B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed at the CCGH last weekend while attending a wedding in Boston. We booked three rooms for our family, plus we needed a crib! Jessica and Shawn were great at accommodating our needs (hikes! We ran out of diapers on our way to the wedding!) and helping us with the local area.
The breakfasts delicious, the beds comfortable, and the host and hostess charming. We would definitely stay at the CCGH again!

Room Tip: Take the Green Line downtown and walk the Freedom Trail!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank janconover

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I returned to the Coolidge Corner B&B in June and was pleasantly surprised by all the positive changes that have occurred! I had stayed there a couple of years ago, and the improvements by Jorge and company are wonderful. The staff was friendly and pleasant, and the atmosphere and physical changes were great. Breakfast was wonderful, as was all the fruits and snacks! I will definitely return!...

1  Thank nancy c
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I really recommend the Coolidge Corner Guest House to anyone who is coming to stay in Boston, regardless of the time of year or whether the visit is for business or pleasure. First and foremost, it is situated in the pleasant, leafy suburb of Brookline. It is a quiet, prosperous area and far away from the hustle and bustle of the city. At the same time, it is very close to some shops and nice restaurants and is near the 'T' stop on Beacon Street so you can get into the city centre (and even to and from Logan airport) really easily.
Secondly, the owners and staff are really friendly and helpful and always on hand if you have a query or problem.
Breakfast on the verandah at the back was enjoyable and excellent.

The air con was very efficient which we needed as it was 94 deg F while we there (in June).
The wireless internet access was perfect -- very fast and it didn't go down once, which was essential as I needed to check work emails.
Finally, the guest house itself has a real 'old worlde' charm. In my room there was antique furniture and fittings (including an old wind up gramophone with a Frank Sinatra record on the turntable!
Will definitely stay here again if I'm ever in Boston (which is likely!)

Room Tip: some of the rooms don't have en suite bathrooms so book early and check availability if this is...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

Clean, very helpful and experienced host George, Good rooms, Good Communication. Well Located, ie not in the heart of the city but within short metro distance to downtown and walking distance to good restaurants at Coolidge Corner. So well sleeping. Enjoyed it! Maybe provide some non plastique spoons for the indeed very Good breakfast.

Young Couple, Germany

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The Coolidge Corner Guest House, nicknamed the Bed & Bagel is a very pleasant B & B located on a quiet street, just a few blocks from the lively heart of Brookline Given the cost of some nearby competitors, the Bed and Bagel was relatively reasonable. The morning brunch buffet was more than adequate, with cereal, bagels, fruit, yogurt and other goodies. My only complaint is that there was a noisy water pipe that ran through the closet in my bedroom and the 6AM shower another guest took woke me earlier than i wanted.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room that have water pipes running through it.
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My stay at the The Coolidge Corner Guest House was totally unplanned -- electrical problem at home -- and my actual time there was under 12 hours. Yet, in the short time I was there, I think I experienced the beauty of The Coolidge Corner Guest House -- it is an authentic and comfortable B&B, run by people who are totally gracious and accommodating.
Jorge took me in late without even having a reservation for the night. He is a courteous man and I owe him another thank you for taking care of a neighbor during a crisis. And thanks to Jessica, too for getting everything settled.
I actually left before breakfast was served, but my guess it is that like having breakfast in a Brookline kitchen.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

This is a nice alternative to a chain hotel in Boston...and a lot cheaper than staying right in town. Very close to the Green Line and there are plenty of restaurants and other stores nearby. On a quiet, tree-lined street. The house is an old Victorian, painted in bright colors. The B & B is actually only on one side of the house, on the 2nd and 3rd floors. There is a nice backyard for sitting and off-street parking (although this is done by stacking the cars in a narrow driveway...still, it's available.)

I stayed in the "Rose Room" with a shared bath. My room was spacious and comfortable, with a double bed, a dresser, a small fridge and a closet. Some rooms have private baths. There is a decent-sized sitting room and a dining room where breakfast is served (bagels, hard-boiled eggs, coffee cake, fresh fruit, cereal, coffee and juice)

Although I don't mind sharing a bath, I found the set-up a bit awkward, as the bathroom was directly off the kitchen (you had to walk through the kitchen to get to it!) Also, I think the bathroom was shared with at least 3 other rooms which made for some wait time.

The place was very clean and a good place to gather with people, as they have rooms of different sizes and configurations.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor, so you are not right off the kitchen and/or living room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SavvyFaire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Fenway / Kenmore
The Inn at Longwood Medical
Longwood Inn
#7 of 11 in Brookline

Been to Coolidge Corner Guest House? Share your experiences!