“My vote for best sorbet in Boston.”
Review of Emack & Bolio's

Emack & Bolio's
Ranked #9 of 11 Dessert in Brookline
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Much blood has been spilled on the subject of the best ice cream in Boston, but since I can't eat any dairy, I'm much more interested in the question of sorbet. Emack has great sorbets, all the time, in more interesting flavors than you frequently find them. My favorite is the pineapple, and the passionfruit is very good too. There's also a wide variety of smoothies with many non-dairy options, and usually good-looking chocolate-dipped fruit and fudge and so on if you're looking for a non-frozen treat.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The store inside is pretty filthy! I've only been here twice and wouldn't go back because of the dust bunnies and filthy tables. The ice cream is good, but I prefer Lizzie's ice cream and Christina's to any other place. To be totally honest, I miss Brigham's. Their ice cream was, and still is, my favorite!

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Make sure you get the glorious hot fudge on anything you buy. And try the candy cones, coated in marshmallows, gummy bears, Heath bars, etc.

There are lots of great flavors of ice cream and yogurt, and a wall of loose candy in bins if you prefer. You'll pay a ton but you'll love it.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

Emack's have a unique root beer float that features their micro-brewed root beer and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream (I would recommend adding a second scoop as well because you get the whole bottle of root beer). I could literally eat one everyday in the summer! They also have waffle cones that are dipped or coated with various toppings (chocolate & heath bar, chocolate & snickers, rice krispy treats, etc). Emack's is definitely my favorite ice cream in Boston.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 27, 2009

I like their purple cow flavor.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook