“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #4 of 11 Brookline B&B and Inns
Dublin
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed July 2, 2009

great find in boston, brilliant location with the green line right outside the door which takes you all around the city.The room were very clean and decorated beautifully. Rooms were cleaned every morning and breakfast was served in the mornings until 10am. Staff and service was really good. Would definitely recommend this place and will be returning soon.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
westchester, ny
Reviewed June 22, 2009

This b and b was selected because of location - and I got much more! The ease of walking to the BU campus made this a most convenient spot for the purpose of the trip. However, staying in a 'home' truly made the few days away feel as if I was removed from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. We found local parks to curl up and read on a bench and we discovered that walking to Newbury Street was also manageable! Seeing a college and being a tourist - at a pace that allowed all to relax!
The staff had maps at the ready to guide us and happily ran upstairs if there was anything needed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed May 25, 2009

They should be closed down by the Health Department. I can't believe
that they would let a place get so dirty and run down. Filthy sheets,
filthy carpets, inches of dust under beds. Old creaky beds, broken
wood on headboards, stains and holes in sheets, bed bugs?,
no shades on windows, no amenities in bathroom, I could go on and on.
This B & B is pathetic and needs a new owner who cares with money
for major renovations. I feel sorry for the new young management staff
who walked into a nightmare.....DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank lucca62
californa
Reviewed March 12, 2009

a family with 5 kids who looked homeles were right next 2 my room i found 30 hairballs in the shower heared yelling all night .They gave me tussies that had already been used with snot on them .I took one of my kids and got sick from the breakfast and barfed . I had asked them to clean it up. but when me and my daughter got back from are walk there the bark was rotten on the bed mixed in with sand!!! it was a terrible stay with unhelpful maids and took us a hour to check in endless you want to get sick stay her. but i highly do not reccomd it!and parking lot very small.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
PA
Reviewed February 24, 2009

I recently stayed at the Beacon Inn at their 1087 location and had a very unpleasant experience.
Upon arriving I encountered a training session led by what it seemed was two managers. The staff was young and the girl at the front desk very nice, but what threw me off was the older man (I'm guessing a manager) who was yelling at her throughout my whole check in. The man we very rude to the poor girl working and considerably rude to me as well.
When I got to my room I noticed the bathroom floor was COVERED in dirt and hair, the shower curtain had three hairs on it and the bedroom floor crunched from sand.
I went down to complain and was met with a rather vulgar response from the younger manager about how "he'll get to it." Well he didn't get to it and when I came back 45 mins later nothing had been done.
Upon my complaining again, he came up to the room with me and proceded to tell me it was MY hair in the bathroom and the sand had been brought in by MY shoes and therefore not his problem.
Apalled, I stated I wanted my deposit back. I didn't get it. I stayed at the Holiday Inn that night.
I am NEVER going to this inn again and would advise no one does. The managers it seems do not care about customer service and/or cleanliness. If you want a dirty room and rude staff feel free to stay here but I'd advise against it. I've never been treated so poorly in my life.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank BizMan12
couchsurfer9
Reviewed January 19, 2009

Loved the laissez faire approach, which is understandably not for everyone. Arrived late, so we let ourselves in to a spacious 3rd floor room with great big windows. I was shocked at how little we paid for so much space and class! Bathroom was small, clean; beds were comfortable, warm; TV was mounted plasma screen that was difficult to figure out. The people who worked there were very friendly; breakfast was modest. Located right across the street from a T stop, and a short walk to some great restaurants.

• Liked — Hands-off approach
  • Disliked — Couldn't get TV to work, no one was available to offer help
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington, DC
Reviewed December 4, 2008

Worst B&B experience ever. I arrived late, after the staff had left, and had been placed on the fourth floor (no elevator), a tiny, charmless room with low ceilings, a radiator that was blasting out heat, and a television that did not work. This was after passing by many empty, spacious rooms on the other floors as I walked up the stairs. Those rooms looked like the photos on the web site, which is why I chose the Inn in the first place; my room looked like the garret of a starving artist..

I called the emergency number to ask if I could take another room and was told that because I was only staying one night, nothing could be done to change the room. I tried to turn down the radiator but it didn't respond to anything I did, so I had the one window fully open when it was almost freezing outside.

I don't know why, with the Inn barely half full, I was put on the 4th floor.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The staff didn't do anything to make me feel like I was a customer.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#11 of 83 in Boston
Boston Hotel Buckminster
The Inn at Longwood Medical

Been to Beacon Inn? Share your experiences!