“Excellent place to stay in Kemmerer”
Review of Fossil Butte Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kemmerer
Fossil Butte Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kemmerer
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our room was spotless, comfortable and quiet. The owners were great to deal with and very personable and helpful. This is an exceptional value if you want a great getaway. While Kemmerer is not a big town this motel is centrally located and quiet even though it is right off the main road through town. We had a single queen bed and the room was very comfortably set up with comfortable clean chairs to sit in and watch their flat screen TV. Small fridge and microwave and coffee pot were a welcome benefit.

Room Tip: Close to Fossil Butte National Monument and several rock shops in town.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a wonderful stay here. Very nice and clean. When we walked into our room, the kids said it was very homey. Staff was very pleasant and very helpful. It was actually recommended by a clerk at another hotel that in town that was full. I am so glad we took her advice. I would love to visit the Fossil Butte Motel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2013

There is nothing fancy here, just a basic, clean, nicely furnished room. I found it to be quiet and comfortable. If you need anything from the office, make sure to get it early. The office closes at 7:00PM. I would stay here again if I am in the area once more.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Michael W
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Read the reviews, thought I would chance it. So glad I did! Carpet looked clean, walked bare foot and found it to be soft, too! Quilt on the comfy bed, hot shower, large flat screen, microwave, refrig, large coffee pot, soft fluffy towels!! Can't say enough good about it. When I say I have a dog I usually get the the nastiest room and pay extra for it! Not here, she even offered a dog blanket! Would stay again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you're looking for fancy--skip this place. If you're looking for great value coupled with IMPOSSIBLY CLEAN rooms and a terrific "salt of the earth" owners and staff, this is it. The usual "refrigerator--microwave--air conditioning--wifi--coffee pot--flat screen tv" package but astonishingly clean. It's the genre of motel at which one parks directly in front of the one story motel room. There is a grill and a little patio area in front of the "mid twentieth century type office" and a Mexican restaurant nearby (didn't try it-can't comment). We were there on a Monday night and it was absolutely quiet. This is perhaps the best dollar value I've encountered. By the way, did I say it was amazingly clean?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Clean, remodeled, nice size rooms with pillow top beds, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot and flat screen TV. We especially loved the patio next to the office for our early morning coffee or afternoon glass of wine. Across the street from a Mexican restaurant and 2 convenience stores. Within walking distance of town (about .4 miles). Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I did realy like the room. exceped the sunday night i got here there was a realy load noise. It almosted sounded like drums playing right next door. But after that night it was all good. Nice a quiet.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Fossil Butte Motel? Share your experiences!