“Pretty good food, just know what you're getting!”

Kabayan Filipino-American Restaurant
Cuisines: Filipino
Virginia
“Pretty good food, just know what you're getting!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've passed this place several times and finally decided to stop in and try the food. It's next to a mexican restaurant and in the same small plaza as a 7-11. When I went in everything was clean and the staff was welcoming. The lady that was there took the time to explain what each dish was, since my knowledge of Filipino food is almost zero.

I ended up getting the Sizzling Sisig and three of the spring rolls (aka Lumpia). The spring rolls were great and the Sisig had a very good taste and it was hot, although I probably wouldn't order it again, just because I wasn't big on the pieces of cartilage (I think that's what it was) - they were too chewy for me. Sisig is made with pork, and includes parts of the head, as I found out afterwards. The portion was huge and could have been at least two meals.

I'll definitely go back sometime and try something else.

• Visited November 2012