“The Worst Customer Service EVER”

CAMEO Cafe of Washington
Ranked #151 of 721 Restaurants in Vancouver
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I went to this restaurant this morning for the first time with my family to meet some friends for breakfast. We had a party of 10. We requested to be seated outside (there was plenty of open seating inside and out) and were refused. Staff then proceeded to squeeze 9 chairs (we had 10 in our party) at a round table that generally holds 6 chairs. We were so put off by the lack of accomodations that our party agreed that we would take our business elsewhere. Upon leaving the restaurant to go find an alternate place to eat breakfast, our friends son tripped in the parking lot and cut his head which required medical attention and stitches.

Although it was my family's first time at your restaurant, my friends and their families had been there on other occasions, we have all agreed that we will never visit this restaurant again. I am appalled at the lack of service provided by their staff.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

Our group has reserved the private dining room several times over the last few years and we have always had excellent service, wonderful food and no rushing to finish. I will continue to have functions there, knowing that we are always treated well. FYI The Seafood Long Life Soup is wonderful and is made to order. 5 Star!!

I took my husband there and he was equally impressed.

Pat, Victorian Ladies Queen Mum

Reviewed October 23, 2010

Okay, we were seated quickly... Okay, the food was good, really good... But it took almost an hour to be served and although the waitress was nice, once we ordered, it almost seemed like she was avoiding us. No checking in, no explanations as to why it was taking so long. It started to feel like we had been forgotten. When the food did finally arrive the waitress quickly mumbled something about, "Thanks for being patient." but by that time I was beyond being patient and arriving at mad. As an aside, the coffee and the hot chocolate were not up to par with the rest of the food.

It was a Saturday morning and although the place was busy, it was not packed. If someone had dropped by and said something about the wait and had given us an idea of how long it would be, I would have been a lot happier.

At some point during a wait like that, conversation starts to lag because everyone is starting to wonder what's taking so long. Was the food good? Yes it was. Will I be taking any more out of town visitors there? Probably not.

Reviewed August 3, 2009

I had such a nice experience at the Cameo. Everything we ate was really tasty and they have a wide variety of food. They have all the standard breakfast items that you can't go wrong with, but we tried some Asian fusion breakfast entrees that were also very delicious. The portions were large and you could tell that they used fresh ingredients. We are definitely going back. I think we'll also try out the Cameo on Sandy Blvd. in Portland, which I hear is also very good.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 24, 2008

So good!! Their strong bread is the best. It's made with polenta and poppy seeds. Pancakes are served by the acre!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook