“Runny refried beans”

Cuisines: Mexican
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Runny refried beans”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I went to el tap hoping for some great Mexican food and what I got was below mediocre. I asked for whole beans but the waiter came back and said the only bean they had for my tostado was refried. They were runny and flavorless with only a thin smear on my tortillas shell topped with a mound of iceberg lettuce and a scattering of tomatoes. Service was great.

1 Thank fourrain

Seattle, Washington
“Gotta Love the Enchiladas!”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I usually go to the one that is further north than this particular location. My honey and I do not like cilantro and the one on 134th is lighter on the cilantro. That's only for the salsa though.

I come here for the enchiladas. They are simple but very good! Overall I am always happy with El Tapitio.

• Visited October 2011
Vancouver, Washington
“Bleck!”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I have no idea why I have gone to this place a half dozen times. Maybe I'm too much of an optimist, maybe its because I haven't found any other Mexican sit-down place here in NE Hazel Dell but, I kept going back trying different dishes hoping I would find one that was good.
Well, none have been very good. The service is quick and friendly, but the food is seriously lacking. The taste and quality are sub-par. I've had better tasting Mexican from a Bel-Air TV dinner.

If you want pretty good Mexican and don't mind a fast food atmosphere, go across the street to Don Pedros or Muchas Graces.

Vancouver, Washington
“Our " Go to " for Mexican Food”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband, family and I are regulars at El Tap.. The food and atmosphere is great.
The chip and Salsa are quick and neverending.. Love the small chicken and beef enchilada with rice and beans. My husband love the number 1 - 15..
Great family ownership.