“Best Chinese buffet in Vancouver”
Review of Taste of Asia

Taste of Asia
Ranked #506 of 721 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We really enjoyed our dinner at Taste of Asia last night. The service was very good. Because it was our first time there, the server was very nice to explain the procedures to us. Even it was very busy at the time, the server asked the kitchen to make some Kung Pao chicken without peanuts for my wife since she was allergic to it. This kind of service is hard to find in this area, especially in a Chinese restaurant.
They offer a great variety of Chinese food, Sushi and a full salad bar. Taste of Asia is good at dishing a small amount at each try to keep the food hot and fresh. We will be keep coming back as long as they keep up the good works.

3  Thank Tom S

Reviewed November 25, 2013

A great variety of foods from several different countries. Always fresh and above par preparations. This is a buffet where smaller amounts are put out and kept fresh with additions all day. Best Hot & Sour soup around!!! The staff is friendly and always helpful. We eat there so often they know just where we like to sit for our meals!! Cost is a little more on Sundays when 'special' food is served - like Alaskan crab legs. Sushi is available for those who indulge.

3  Thank hendersonhill
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Absolutely horrible! We decided to have lunch here and stopped in. The door was open and there was no closed sign, so we went in. A gal with a cart was setting up and we assumed with the door open and no "closed" sign, that they were indeed open. The gal with the cart was very rude when she told us they were not open. My husband asked when they would be, and she very snottily said, "6 minutes!" So he asked if we could just sit at the waiting area chairs until they officially opened, but she again said in a VERY rude manner, "NO!" So we left. And we will never darken their doorstep again, and we will make sure that we tell our friends and family about how rude they were so that they will choose to go somewhere else. If they had had a 'Closed' sign up, and the door locked until the opening of business, we could understand that. But they didn't! We went over to St. John's Road and had a wonderful lunch at the House of Beijing instead. Wonderful food, fast service, and kind, gentle, NON-RUDE people. We WILL be going to the House of Beijing in the future and will be sharing our lovely experience there with family and friends.

1  Thank Liesel M
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This is my second visit to Taste of Asia and I was wondering why I had waited for so long between visits. It took only a few minutes to remember the reasons: the food and the atmosphere. We make it a point to eat at Asian Buffet restaurants whenever we travel so I must admit to having a few expectations. We like a broad variety, food dishes that are distinctive from one another, and an atmosphere conducive to relaxed enjoyment of the cuisine. This restaurant is lacking on all three counts. I must admit that there were lots of people who seemed to be eating voluminous amounts of food, so apparently this restaurant is meeting the luncheon needs of these folks. BUT, for me, there wasn't enough seafood, there were too many batter-encrusted dark-meat chicken-in-sauce dishes that tasted similar, and there didn't seem to be enough dishes that were vegetable-centered. I must say that the salad bar and sweet table offered some variety. The best item offered at this restaurant was the soft ice cream for dessert. We both commented that its consistency and flavor were second-best in our soft-ice-cream-in-a-restaurant category. It will be a long time again before I visit this restaurant. Today, we were in a time bind and it was much closer than our usual haunts.

1  Thank Bart B
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I've been here at least 4 times now. Each time I've been impressed with the quality of the food. They re-stock the buffet items often and the freshness and taste of the dishes is excellent. The mushroom beef is my favorite!

The wait staff is very friendly but the decor is severly lacking. Then again, I'm there to eat, not stare at the walls, so as long as its clean (which it is) I'm happy.

I've been to many of the Chinese buffets here in Vancouver and Taste of Asia is the best.

2  Thank phenix141