“Perhaps this is an acquired taste, but I'm no German.”

Gustav's Pub & Grill
Ranked #7 of 736 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gustav's is a favorite for casual dining. Serving lunch and dinner, the menu features a savory array of European and Northwest Specialties to suit any taste and appetite.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We ate here with another family and a total of 3 kids. The food was not very impressive and perhaps is an acquired taste. We're not German or from Europe and were not really impressed with all the sausages and really dry food.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

What's not to like? Great beers, terrific house wine, plenty of comfort food choices, and familiar faces! The servers are friendly and the prices are fair. My wife and I enjoy the surroundings - and always have a great time!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We first stopped at this restaurant in Sept 2013 while celebrating our anniversary. We both had a sampler platter and both of us agree this is as close as we have come to eating authentic German food. Both hubby and I were in military and lived a combined 8 years in Germany.
Beer selection is good, and our fondue was on the house thanks to our waitress and celebrating our anniversary.
So we were in Vancouver again last weekend with our teen boys and treated them to dinner there. Big hit, both boys went away full and happy!!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Service was slow given that it was about 2pm. Orders were wrong and had to be corrected multiple times.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have Swiss family and have lots of experience with Wienerschnitzel, so I was excited to find a place in Vancouver, Washington with the dish on the menu. I had hoped their Wienerschnitzel would be outstanding. It was not to be.

It was too puffy (not prepared long enough in advance), lacked capers, and was not available with rosti (traditional potatoes served with the dish). The flavor was definitely okay, but not much above that.

The servers were quite nice and the pricing was fair. The atmosphere was very good, approximating a restaurant in Germany.

With few choices for Swiss and German food in the area, I’ll definitely return. The experience left me wanting more authenticity, but it was still definitely worth the visit.