“Favorite Happy Hour”

Gustav's Pub & Grill
Ranked #6 of 707 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gustav's is a favorite for casual dining. Serving lunch and dinner, the menu features a savory array of European and Northwest Specialties to suit any taste and appetite.
“Favorite Happy Hour”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

What's not to like? Great beers, terrific house wine, plenty of comfort food choices, and familiar faces! The servers are friendly and the prices are fair. My wife and I enjoy the surroundings - and always have a great time!

Roy, Washington
“2nd Times a Charm”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We first stopped at this restaurant in Sept 2013 while celebrating our anniversary. We both had a sampler platter and both of us agree this is as close as we have come to eating authentic German food. Both hubby and I were in military and lived a combined 8 years in Germany.
Beer selection is good, and our fondue was on the house thanks to our waitress and celebrating our anniversary.
So we were in Vancouver again last weekend with our teen boys and treated them to dinner there. Big hit, both boys went away full and happy!!

• Visited October 2013
“late Lunch”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Service was slow given that it was about 2pm. Orders were wrong and had to be corrected multiple times.

Vancouver, Washington
“A German/Swiss Wannabe the Comes Close”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have Swiss family and have lots of experience with Wienerschnitzel, so I was excited to find a place in Vancouver, Washington with the dish on the menu. I had hoped their Wienerschnitzel would be outstanding. It was not to be.

It was too puffy (not prepared long enough in advance), lacked capers, and was not available with rosti (traditional potatoes served with the dish). The flavor was definitely okay, but not much above that.

The servers were quite nice and the pricing was fair. The atmosphere was very good, approximating a restaurant in Germany.

With few choices for Swiss and German food in the area, I’ll definitely return. The experience left me wanting more authenticity, but it was still definitely worth the visit.

Victoria, Texas
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We always try to eat at a place that we do not have back home. And since both of us like German food, this was an excellent treat. We had the wiener schnitzel, potatoes, green beans, which was done to perfection. The wait staff was extremely friendly and helpful. A far cry from some of the other restaurants we have visited. And then we decided to share a piece of the flourless chocolate cake, which was recommended by the staff. It was excellent! We could not finish it all, and so we took the rest with us for a snack the following day, and it was still tasty then. Oh, and I forgot to mention the sourdough rolls, that were light and chewy at the same time. I can not say enough about this restaurant. I would highly recommend it to anyone going to the area, and best of all reasonable prices too.