“A German/Swiss Wannabe the Comes Close” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gustav's Pub & Grill

Gustav's Pub & Grill
Ranked #9 of 699 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: German, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Gustav's is a favorite for casual dining. Serving lunch and dinner, the menu features a savory array of European and Northwest Specialties to suit any taste and appetite.
Vancouver, Washington
“A German/Swiss Wannabe the Comes Close”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have Swiss family and have lots of experience with Wienerschnitzel, so I was excited to find a place in Vancouver, Washington with the dish on the menu. I had hoped their Wienerschnitzel would be outstanding. It was not to be.

It was too puffy (not prepared long enough in advance), lacked capers, and was not available with rosti (traditional potatoes served with the dish). The flavor was definitely okay, but not much above that.

The servers were quite nice and the pricing was fair. The atmosphere was very good, approximating a restaurant in Germany.

With few choices for Swiss and German food in the area, I’ll definitely return. The experience left me wanting more authenticity, but it was still definitely worth the visit.

Visited October 2013

Victoria, Texas
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We always try to eat at a place that we do not have back home. And since both of us like German food, this was an excellent treat. We had the wiener schnitzel, potatoes, green beans, which was done to perfection. The wait staff was extremely friendly and helpful. A far cry from some of the other restaurants we have visited. And then we decided to share a piece of the flourless chocolate cake, which was recommended by the staff. It was excellent! We could not finish it all, and so we took the rest with us for a snack the following day, and it was still tasty then. Oh, and I forgot to mention the sourdough rolls, that were light and chewy at the same time. I can not say enough about this restaurant. I would highly recommend it to anyone going to the area, and best of all reasonable prices too.

Visited October 2013
Cuero, Texas
“Beautiful restaurant ambience, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I am somewhat biased, because I like German food. But this was exceptional. My wife and I split the weinerschnitzel, and we each had salads. The meat in the entrée was prepared to just the right chewiness; tender but not mushy. Mashed potatoes were just about perfect. We rarely ever have dessert, but we were on vacation and decided to try the flour-less chocolate cake. We ate a little of it, and saved the rest for later. It was just as good as a left-over. Plus, it is a beautiful place,with wood high vaulted ceilings.

Mt. Pleasant, SC
“Wonderful !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our family had a private room with dinner for 35. We ordered The Feast and were very pleased with our event. The food was exceptional German fare and the servers took great care of us. No one was ever without a beverage or want for anything.

“Love”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Love this pled great food and an awesome German beir selection! I thought the happy hour menu was a great value.