“Great hotel”

SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel is very nice and quite reasonable. The rooms are all suites, very spacious and well appointed.. Breakfast is wonderful. They offer a complementary airport shuttle from the hotel to the airport only.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy-SC

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our company flew folks in from all over the world for an offsite. This hotel was perfectly located. The room was clean and the breakfast was excellent. Overall a very pleasant stay. There was enough room in the dining area for impromptu meetings. The computer center was convenient to print out last minute reports.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here because I was booked by my company. However, after staying here for two nights, I was pleasantly surprised by the layout and comfort of the room. The place had a very friendly staff, especially on check-in. The room was big, with a small sitting room and a desk. Free wi-fi. The layout was very modern and clean. Plus, the window actually slid open a bit to allow fresh air in. The was a great work-out room with lots of exercise equipment, plus a small pool, which I didn't use. The free breakfast was standard, but there were were more choices than a hotel of comparable value. Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel at the price my company paid. I would happily stay here in the future. Oh, and the bed was comfortable as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
AlisonHite, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

What a very nice review. Thank You! Our hotel is unique in features and definately does not feel like a boring hotel box room. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and the SpringHill brand. Let us know the next time you are here and we can help find other fun places to explore in Vancouver, WA.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

2 nights for a biz trip. Checking was super fast and super unfriendly. I'll take fast over pleasantry. Room as typical spring hill layout, glass and not plastic cups bugs me as they are germ bowls ready to sicken a tired road warrior. Pillows were really terrible, like mini sacks of rocks. Bed was ok. Breakfast was typical fare.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank kenuga

I am so sorry you felt our service was just ok. We strive to have each guest experience to be better than you received. I hope you will return and we can show you better. If you do return, please contact me directly before you arrive and I will have extra pillow options for you. We have many options and I know we can find ones that are a comfortable fit. Thank you for your survey, we will work hard to do better in the future.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed at this Spring Hill Suites location in September 2013 for business. It is everything you'd expect from this hotel brand. The rooms are large and clean and the continental breakfast decent. The one thing that sets this location apart is that the staff were extra friendly and helpful. And that little extra makes a big different to the weary business traveler. On the last night of my stay, a group of (semi-drunk) parents and their young sons arrived for some sort of hockey function. The boys played hockey in the hallway at 10pm and doors slammed up and down the hall constantly. I called the front desk twice and they responded quickly, which was much appreciated. I don't blame them for their rude guests...but I am hopeful these parents see this review so they can know how horrified I was at their blatant disrespect for anyone else in the hotel. I travel frequently and I've never seen (or heard) anything like it. You truly should be embarrassed and ashamed.

This location is also near to restaurants and shopping...walking distance, which I appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This property pretty much fits the Springhill Suites mold - clean, comfortable, spacious accommodations, slightly upscale, and efficiently run. I've stayed at many different Springhill Suites properties, but this is the first time that I have stayed at this particular one.

My room was a mini-suite, with the living/work area separated from the sleeping area by a wall but no door, for an open flow between the two. The room was comfortably, but not extravagantly furnished - the living/work area had an ample work desk, sofa, coffee table that actually consisted of two smaller tables side by side (typical for Springhill Suites), and desk chair. Also in the living/work area is a wet bar setup with a coffee maker, microwave, and mini-fridge. A HDTV was set up on a small dresser that straddled both areas so that it could be swiveled and viewed from either the bedroom or the living area. The bedroom had a comfortable bed with a selection of various pillows. The room and bathroom were both spotless.

The desk chair was comfortable but its maximum height still left the occupant uncomfortably low compared to the height of the desk. My guess is that this was just a quirk of this particular chair, as I've had similar chairs in other Springhill Suites properties that didn't have this problem. I mention it here only because I did encounter it, but it doesn't affect how I rate this property.

I found that adjusting the hot water in the shower was a bit tricky, but it may have been just that partcular faucet, and in the end, there was ample hot water with ample water pressure.

My wake-up call arrived right on time.

Check-in and check-out were both handled efficiently by a pleasant staff member.

For those of you who are familiar with Springhill Suites, this property is about as stereotypical as they come and delivers everything expected from the brand.

Various discounts (including senior and AAA) are available at the Marriott website.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank step12dude
Reviewed September 5, 2013

It was adequate. Staff was great, friendly, helpful and professional. Wi-Fi was a bonus and free.
Easy to find and close to our destination and airport.. Nothing remarkable but nothing to disappoint if you're going for a slight cut above.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
AlisonHite, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and I am glad our larger rooms make you and your families stay extra comfortable.