“Nice to have two room for price of one”

SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Burlingame, California
“Nice to have two room for price of one”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

It was adequate. Staff was great, friendly, helpful and professional. Wi-Fi was a bonus and free.
Easy to find and close to our destination and airport.. Nothing remarkable but nothing to disappoint if you're going for a slight cut above.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AlisonHite, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and I am glad our larger rooms make you and your families stay extra comfortable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We came up for a one night visit with some friends in Vancouver and then a fun run in Portland the next morning. This was the second time I've stayed at a SpringHill and found this one solid and less boutique than the one I'd stayed at before. It worked great - we got a 2 queen with pullout couch, and thisi comfortably accommodated our family of 5.

We left in a bit of hurry the next morning, and not only did I leave my phone charger, but my son left a small stuffed animal crammed in the sheets somewhere. They mailed out the charger, but didn't find the animal right away. We told them we though it would show up in the laundry, and they put a note in the laundry to look for it. Sure enough, they find it and they send the little guy in a little box. When my son opened it up it was clutching a handful of those little tootsie-pops from the front desk. Nice touch.

Pretty much across the street from a Whole Foods.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AlisonHite, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
I am so glad the stuffed animal made the trip and everyone has been reunited. We will always have Chupa Chup Lollipops waiting for your family if you ever come back. Thanks for sharing the story and Thank You for staying with us.
Camas, Washington
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My hubby & I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last month for a week at a time, during recent business trips. The front desk morning & evening gentlemen are both very kind & professional. The housekeeping staff do a good job & are friendly, as well. We only did the free morning breakfast twice during our trips, as we are more of the "sit down" in a cafe' type diners. However, their breakfast seemed to be fresh, clean & good. I love these rooms because they are roomy, quiet, comfy, clean, updated & have a nice mini-kitchen area...with frig, sink, microwave, counters & shelves for your items. The location is not far from the WA-14 freeway. Close to shopping & restaurants. Located in a clean & safe area. My favorite thing about this hotel is that they truly are a "pet free" hotel (with the exception of true service animals to a handicap guest). Unlike other hotels that say that they are "pet free" but they accept guests with pets without any question. The SpringHill Suites respects that there are those of us guests who have severe allergies!! Thank you, SpringHill Suites for standing by your policy!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Boise, ID
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding in Camas. The location was decent-- a bit far out from downtown, but convenient for where we needed to be. Many restaurants and grocery stores nearby. I was especially impressed by the staff. My friends and I were having breakfast with many small children and the staff opened up one of the empty conference rooms so that we could have a bigger table and the kids could roam around. The little extra steps make all the difference!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. We got a killer deal on Priceline, so I wasn't expecting much. The room was very nice, with a comfy king sized bed, and the front staff was always so friendly. It was very close to a Fred Meyer, so we were able to get some drinks to keep in the fridge. My only complaints were the time to Portland and the maid service. There was construction on one of the highways to Portland, which the hotel of course couldn't control, but we routinely had to allow an hour to get where we wanted to be in the city. The maid service was quite spotty. I noticed some mildew on the edges of the shower curtain, and our ice bucket was never changed (we came back to melted water and no new liner three out of four nights). But still a great value.

• Stayed July 2013
AlisonHite, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your comments and it gives me an opportunity to make sure we are paying attention to the details. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and we will work with Housekeeping to ensure these items are not missed in the future.
Maynard, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This Springhill Suites is a normal suburban suite hotel catering to business travelers. Free wi-fi and continental breakfast, etc. I picked it because it's close to the client I'm working with here in Vancouver. Honestly, the property itself is exactly what you'd expect, and there's nothing particularly memorable about the physical building.

It's all about the staff. From the front desk to the housekeeping staff to the gentleman who drove the shuttle van, every single person I encountered was simply a perfect role model for how hotels should behave. Friendly, efficient, knowledgeable...this is the kind of place you find less frequently nowadays. No request is a bother for them. They go above and beyond to make sure the guests are satisfied and comfortable. It's a hotel that makes you feel special, appreciated, and like you're truly the most important guest in the house.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was a comfortable stop between Seattle and the Oregon Coast. Comfortable accommodations, good breakfast, clean. What impressed me most was the phone call I received within an hour after we checked out. The hotel manager called to tell me that they had found my calendar with important correspondence, including directions to the Oregon Coast. We didn't have time to turn around to go back but he offered to mail everything to me and when I said that I really needed the directions, he scanned/emailed to me 5 minutes after our call ended. The calendar arrived a couple of days later and I was so grateful. After my computer crashed years ago, I continued with 2-year calendars that I carry with me when I travel. My entire life is in it. I am very grateful for this kind of followup and concern. We'll make a point to stay there from now on when traveling in the Pacific NW. Thank you SpringHill Suites!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family