“Great place to stay!”

SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Booked this on Priceline, and were a little concerned because it was such a good deal. We had a spacious suite that appeared to be brand new. Desk staff was very warm and helpful. Breakfast was provided, and it was nothing like your typical motel continental breakfast. There were trays of fresh fruits, and real oatmeal with a wide selection of toppings. Only complaint would be the coffee.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
AlisonHite, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our Great Place to Stay. We hope you had a wonderful mini getaway and you were able to explore the beautiful SW Washington/Vancouver area. Coffee is so important here in the Northwest and we are working on changes to our coffee selection soon. Hopefully you an experience some new and improved java on your next trip. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

SpringHill Suites accepted our very low Priceline bid for a holiday weekend getaway, and proceeded to give us the perfect home base for our little adventure. Like other reviewers, I have nothing but good to say about the facility, staff and location. Although very often a Priceline booking will result in a broom closet behind a dumpster, the desk staff gave us our choice of floors and cheerfully provided us with a feather-free room. We even had a bit of a view of Mt. St. Helens when the clouds lifted. The room was spacious and comfortable, the common areas clean and welcoming and the breakfast better than average. The location turned out to be excellent. I had some very nice walks through the business park - complete with water features and gaudy rhododendron plantings, and there is a movie theater and several restaurants in walking distance. It was an easy drive to downtown and to the Columbia Gorge. I highly recommend SpringHill Suites.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

i've stayed at this hotel on two occasions in the last two years, but this trip was special for me and hence my review!!
i had a very special situation during this trip! i had just undergone surgery and my hand was in a cast severely limiting my hand movements. so particularly concerned i called the hotel before i boarded the flight to make sure they had my request for a special assisted room, and they not only had the special room request they also had special arrangements for plastic bags to wrap my hand while i showered so that my cast would not get wet. related to my injury the service staff was extremely friendly and helpful at my every request. i personally was very happy that they made my trip warm and comfortable despite the discomfort of my cast.
to complete the rest of my review:
Rooms and beds are very comfortable, this is from both my stays out here.
Location is great for me, because its a hop skip and jump from my office. Also pretty close to many restaurants/fast food/bowling alley and shopping so works out just fine if you need a snack late into the night. my favourite is Chipotle's at a five min walk from
Breakfast: working breakfast that works fine for me.

the only inconvenience was taking a shuttle from PDX airport to here... the spring hill suites runs free shuttle to drop you off, but they don't have permission to pick up hotel guests from the airport.. the discrimination part that made me uncomfortable was that the Portland Spring hill suites does have permission to pick and drop hotel guests from the PDX airport, while the Vancouver Spring hill suites can only drop and are not allowed to pick up from the PDX airport.. i find this extremely discriminatory.. this is not the springhill suites fault, but a rule of the PDX airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
AlisonHite, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you so much for acknowledging our caring staff and I hope your hand is feeling better. I also love our area and the ability to walk to a cup of coffee or lunch, especially on a beautiful Northwest sunny day. I will keep working with the Portland International Airport and hopefully we will be able to pick you up at the airport soon. Sincerely Alison Hite

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We moved family to Vancouver and this Hotel was recommended - deservedly so. The only reason I'm not rating it higher is because it is a bit pricey and because the fan/AC unit is WAY too noisy. That said the rooms, beds, TV and "suite" size are excellent - the breakfast area has lots of seating and a good selection of food (skip the coffee). Staff are friendly and the place is very clean ... location, location, location - it is off the beaten path of the Fisher's Landing. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Families w/kids will really like the pool area ...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The staff was great and I was made to feel like I was a valued customer. My co-workers and I were able to relax in the lobby area without feeling encroached upon by other people staying there.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, the heating system worked well. Parking is kind of a pain if you get there after 7. The breakfast was better than others I have had other hotels I have stayed at.

Check In was easy and ready when I got there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lmm1174
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I spent a single night at Springhill Suites in Vancouver and I was very impressed. To a person, everyone was very friendly. My room was very nicely appointed and the heating and cooling was very good. The room had a ironing board and iron, a mirrored area separate from the toilet and shower, and could easily accommodate a couple of small family. One curious item - the bed seemed on the short side - I am rather short and my feet reached the bottom of the bed.

The location is not far from the Portland airport and there are a number of retail outlets in the area, from big box (Target, Whole Foods, etc.), to a long list of restaurants from fast food to sit down dining. The commercial area appears very new as is the hotel.

The breakfast was simply fantastic, in selection, quality, and presentation. I travel quite often for work and a solid breakfast is a strong positive in lodging, and this complimentary breakfast is definitely better than many for which I have paid. Just a few of the items: eggs, quiche, potatoes and peppers, cold cereal, hot oatmeal, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, and yogurt. There is something here for everyone.

The only reason I did not give them 5 stars was the soap from the previous day's guest was still in the shower. Mistakes happen, though, and I am definitely willing to try Springhill again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe S
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

This Is An Honest Review - We Were 100% Satisfied From The Moment We Checked In Last Thursday March 21st to Checkout Sunday March 24th, 2013. Our Spring 2013 Family Trip Visiting Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA/Salem, OR and Newport, OR for The Very First Time. We Were Booked Thru United (Funjet Vacations) For Two Rooms (Rooms 429 for Myself and My Brother - and 431 for Our Parents). The FD Staff of Crystal and Patti Were Awesome!!! Both Made Us Feel Right At Home. To Add, The Evening Security Guy Terry (With a "T") Was So Cool To Hang With and Chat After We Got Back From Sightseeing. Simply Put, Being A Marriott Silver Has Its Advantages, This Place Reaffirms My Belief That Time and Time Again, The Marriott Brand Stands Out As My Preferred Lodging Choice. Thank You and Keep Up The Grrrreat Work. Joe G 'Bear'

• Stayed: March 2013