“Convention Space”

Hilton Vancouver Washington
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I always love staying here. Me and friends split the 2 rooms with a suite in he middles and use it to house our 10 people for the annual gaming convention. it works great and being on site is a true blesing

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HLT_Vancouver, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Washington, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that your experience was a good one! Thank you for the feedback - we hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stay here every year for a conference. The staff this year were helpful and friendly. I have two issues with this hotel. First I dislike the double beds, the rooms are big enough that queen beds would fit fine. My kids are getting to an age where not only do they hate sharing but putting them in a double bed together created a lot of "He's on my side!!!". The other issue is parking. You pay for parking and finding a spot is very difficult. Fortunately I didn't have to park in the overflow lot but fell bad for the folks trolling the lot after I took the last parking space.
What I like about this hotel: the pool (It was kept at a decent temperature), location (it's easy to get to Portland and other areas of Vancouver), staff (very helpful) and I love that on the weekends there is a nice street market across the street. So fun to go there.
In previous years we've had issues with not having a fridge. It's something that is NOT standard in your room and must ask for. We've had times where we've asked for it on our reservation and still had to ask for it when we checked in. This year is was waiting in our room.
Overall feedback --- if here as a couple or on business this hotel is great. If you have older children be prepared for some issues with the bed arrangements. Small kids should find the park across the street fun.

Room Tip: The pool is on floor 3. The park views are really nice and quieter because they're on the oppos...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the detailed feedback regarding your stay with us! We are now in the process of a remodel that includes installing refrigerators in every room as a standard amenity. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed Esther Short Park and the Farmer's Market across the street. If you come back during the summertime, you can also enjoy free concerts, movies and all kinds of fun activities just steps away from our front door!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The staff was very pleasant and welcoming. I made a few special requests upon check-in and they came thru with flying colors. However, the mattresses are way too soft and have no support. Please get new beds so your guests can get a good night's sleep!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

I am very pleased to hear that your overall experience with our staff and amenities was to your liking. I apologize for the condition of your mattress - we are replacing them this year! I do hope you'll be back so you can have an exceptional experience that includes a wonderful nights' sleep.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Great park view room! Would love to come back and stay longer over a long weekend in the summer! Check in and out process was fast and friendly. Only thing that was an inconvenience was some road work being done and sent us on a detour. Nothing drastic and the hotel had nothing to do with the roadwork!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HLT_Vancouver, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Washington, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

We would love to have you back for a long weekend! Summer is beautiful here and the park across from us always has something fun going on. Thanks for the great review!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed here becomes my work was holding an event here. I was promised a parking spot which I payed for, but there were not enough spots to hold vehicles. There was no in-room safe or safety deposit box, and there was no fridge. There was no fan in the bathroom so it easily fogged up even with the door open. For what you pay, you get absolutely nothing.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HLT_Vancouver, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Washington, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

I know you've spoken with our Front Office Director and hope that your concerns were addressed and resolved. I too aplogize for the confusion over paid parking vs. valet spots. We are in the process of installing refrigerators in every single guest room so they will no longer need to be requested at the point of booking. I thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

If staying in Vancouver, this is the right hotel to choose. Nice, clean, and great location, to several restaurants and places of interest. My top place to visit in the evening, is two blocks away and has great music and drinks. The breakfast was unbelievably great. Try the french toast!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the kind comments about our hotel! I am pleased to hear that our proximity to local events and dining was enjoyable to you. If you like the ability to walk to your favorite places, you should visit us during the summer. There are free concerts/movies in the park, the Farmer's Market and outside dining at many local restaurants.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Rooms very clean, great staff, bar/restaurant very good. Only issue was how loud it can get in the hallway. Doors to room slam shut. I had a guy talking on his cell phone (on speaker) at 1:30am!!! Seriously....

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am sorry to hear that your stay was disrupted by noise issues. We do post quiet hours and do our very best to enforce this with all of our guests. If any time during future visits with us you encounter problems again, please don't hesitate to contact any one of our on-duty team members to assist. They can usually resolve an issue quite quickly.

Eric Walters, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland
#2 of 29 in Vancouver
Hampton Inn & Suites Portland / Vancouver
Red Lion Hotel on the River
Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach

Been to Hilton Vancouver Washington? Share your experiences!