“Excellent food choices with river view”

Beaches Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 719 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Menu offered broad range of dishes to satisfy any palate and appetite. Plate size was perfect, though I found the starter salad to be just a bit on the small size. Otherwise, restaurant is reasonably priced and provided a very satisfying experience.

There are newer reviews for Beaches Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had a window view of the river on a Friday night. Had made reservations, but arrived early, and they seated us in the bar, offered that table so we wouldn't have to move. Our table was soon ready . We had a great server, food & drinks were good. Nice experience.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had a table outdoors overlooking the Columbia River on a warm summer evening...perfect setting. All servers were pleasantly friendly and helpful, and the food very yummy. We started by splitting a salad which came served on 2 plates with no extra charge. I'm vegetarian, the staff/kitchen accomodated my special request for dinner, my husband loved his macadamia crusted tuna, and the strawberry dessert was to die for. The service wasn't slow, it was relaxed. I don't like feeling rushed. The restaurant looked like it could be noisy if seated indoors. We had an all around lovely evening here.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We tried out Beaches recently on a lovely summer day in Vancouver and were pleasantly surprised. We had expected typical, touristy food and instead received two entrees and a dessert worth remembering! Mine was the Land & Sea Bouillabaisse ($14.95) and was spiced with a fine sausage, as well as cod, clams, salmon and more. I loved it and brought the remainder home for a late evening snack...a double pleasure! My wife ordered the Steak & Bleu Salad ($14.99). We shared it and were really pleased. We topped off our meal with a to-die-for dessert...I think it was called the Roca chocolate something. The almond roca waffle crust enclosing chocolate ice cream, with chocolate syrup was irresistible! The wait staff follow a personable model and seem to pull it off...not too touchy feely, but very warm and friendly. It slays me that other restaurant chains do not realize the benefits of good customer service. We took a walk after our meal on the well developed walkway among the Columbia River. On a sunny day it just can't be beat! Even on a rainy day it'd be worth the visit. My wife and I will certainly be back to Beaches in Vancouver, on the Columbia.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The food at Beaches is always good and there is a wide variety of choices. I had a soup and salad combination and the chicken tortilla was really good, although a bit salty. The salad was sufficient but could have been a bit more "meaty." My companion had the special, which was the beef special. She said it was very good and the garlic mashed potatoes were "awesome."

The downer was the slow service. The waiter was attentive but it seemed that it was on his schedule. It took about 10 minutes to get acknowledged after sitting down, then another 10 minutes for our drinks, and then another 10 minutes before our order was taken. The restaurant was busy but not so much that people were waiting for tables. It seemed like they needed more servers.

Overall Beaches is good but needs to focus on better service to its customers.