“Good Value and Excellent service”

Beaches Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 757 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I visited this restaurant because it was recomended by the guy at the front desk in my hotel. Menu is assorted and with good portions, I was seated almost inmediately and I have to say the staff was kind and helpful. good thing about the place is that they have big tables, good if you are visiting with large groups. You should try to be seated close to windows, on the river side; sunsets are wonderful. Staff helped me a lot as I was visiting with some bussiness contacts who were not native english speakers, they were very patient and made good recomendations to all. Price is good and portions are enough. I will return to this place :) nice recomendation from the hotel guy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Arrived famished after two flights with minimal food. Beaches hit the spot. Calamari was juicy and tasty. Tuscan pizza was delicious. Mac and Jack's African Ale, Fish and chips. All better than we were expecting. Attentive service. Great view over the river.

1  Thank Brennunjal
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Tuesday my friend called me to ask me if I wanted to have lunch with she and her grandson. It was short notice, but I was able to get a reservation around the time I wanted.

When we arrived our requested table was ready and wafting. No hassles whatsoever.

The manager, Brian, is to be complimented for his EXCELLENT service and attention to detail.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Service was excellent as we enjoyed lunch here overlooking the Columbia River and Portland Airport. The spinach and kale salad was fabulous and I enjoyed the very rich crab and artichoke melt while hubby had a good burger. Killer fries were a hit. I'd recommend this place for others - it's a fun, casual spot for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Overlooking the Columbia river not far from PDX, this is one of the few restaurants that takes advantage of the view. (The other is next door but I didnt try it.)
This restaurant is popular for its drinks I think but I only had a white beer from Alaska-which was good.

The BC salmon was fresh and was good sized, but I was a little disappointed in the oysters-not as good as I remember from Washington state. The salmon was about $10 cheaper than the salmon at the Heathman Hotel ($19 as opposed tob $28.) I would return for the salmon alone.

The service stood out-waitress asked & remembered names & was very helpful with suggestions.

I think this is a fairly good value -appetizer, salad, fresh fish, a beer, and some killer mud pie ice cream for around $40. Not to mention a fabulous view of the river!