“Good food with a nice view”

Beaches Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 703 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hutto, Texas
“Good food with a nice view”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stopped by for dinner during a recent trip. Great food and drinks, attentive wait staff, and a pretty view from a table at the river's edge - hard to beat. We tried the chili-lime ribs and the shanks. Both very yummy as was the mac-n-cheese. Some bees were swarming around the people at the table next to ours but didn't bother us despite the sweet glaze on our ribs. That's possibly the one draw back with dining on the deck. Will definitely go back the next time we are in Vancouver.

Vancouver, Washington
“Always a Great Time”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Beaches is our favorite, go-to restaurant in the Vancouver, WA area. The wait staff is friendly, food is great, and the atmosphere (although sometimes loud) is comfortable and energetic. We often go for Happy Hour - can put together a great meal for an affordable price. Menu is very diverse - my favorite appetizer is the crackle-fried sesame pork - hubby swears by their BBQ wings. We have also used them to cater events - they supply everything and we can have a stress-free party.

Sugar Land
“excellent family friendly option for large group celebrations”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our extended family of 17 enjoyed a lovely dinner honoring my mother-in-law. She loved seeing her name on the VIP chalkboard at the entrance of the restaurant, and enjoyed the personalized menus. The staff was very friendly, giving her (and me, with an early bday), leis, paper crowns, and a tasty caramel popcorn bag as a gift. There are kid menu options and a nice variety of reasonably priced seafood options and daily specials. We enjoyed the brie, calamari, crabcake and warm crab dip appetizers. Entrees were tasty, with generous portions. The restaurant graciously allowed us to bring in our own birthday cakes. The view of the river is lovely. Was this the best seafood ever? No, but it was quite good and worked well with our group ranging from ages 3-72. We would definitely return

• Visited July 2013
Seattle Washington
“Bedazzled by Beaches”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Before crossing the Columbia River into Portland, Oregon we wanted to stop for lunch viewing the river from the Vancouver, Washington side. Waiting for a parking spot between McMenamin's and Beaches, I asked a baby stroller mom where to eat. She was simple and direct: "McM's is burger bar food, Beaches is 'real food'." Beaches even welcomed our small dog on the patio and brought her a water dish.

I can't write enough superlatives to express our wonderful experience at Beaches. Danny, with a "y" was a delightful woman server, who did her utmost to provide menu and restaurant information along with outstanding service. For instance, she brought an umbrella to shelter us from the sun. Meanwhile, we enjoyed the pleasant breeze watching the Columbia roll on.

The menu included salads, sandwiches, pizza, seafood and more. Something will appeal. We chose three sandwiches: Slow Roasted Pulled Pork, Southwest Veggie Burger and Grilled Salmon Burger. Jo-Jo fries, those tasty spiced potato wedges, came with each. Besides that, we ordered side salads for $2.50 each with cucumber, jicama, black sesame seeds and chicken. Special indeed. To top it off, I asked if the key lime pie was exceptional. Danny thought it was and said it was made especially for them and offered it complimentary if I didn't like it. I took that offer and was immensely pleased, as were my friends, and gladly paid for it.

We ate outside and loved it. Yet inside donned attractive beach décor and by the entrance a rack of T-shirts, one saying, "Nautical but nice." All this is guided by "Captain" Mark, who models the leader servant and has trained his "crew" beautifully. To extend his giving nature, Danny told us that Beaches holds fundraisers for the community. Is it any wonder we were bedazzled by Beaches? When heading south, we'll hit this beach!

Redmond, Oregon
“Nice view and great food”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My Sister brought me to Portland to go shopping at Ikea. Afterwards we drove across to Vancouver to eat at Beaches.
We just had to sit outside! The view was so beautiful! Luckily it was a nice clear day too. My sister ordered a burger and I had the half ceasar salad and half chowder with a strawberry lemonade. The food was fantastic! My salad was very tasty and not overly dressed. The chowder was so good I wish I could have just crawled into it! It wasn't overly thick but just thick enough. Not a ton of potatoes, just a good tasting chowder. I don't like my chowders overly thick and full of filler stuff. This I would say was a perfect chowder to me. The strawberry lemonade was delicious too. My sister was very happy with her burger as well.
I have to say a wonderful lunch with my Sister and I will be back again!!

• Visited July 2013