“Good value and friendly people”

Beaches Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 721 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Go during happy hour and you will be amazed! The staff are friendly without being phony and the happy hour prices are so low you can have a nice big dinner without breaking the bank. The food is always pretty good, if not great.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

There were five of us and we all got very different dishes. I enjoyed my pizza (too big for one person) and the others seemed to like their fish dishes and microbrews. The portions seemed a little small, but the prices were reasonable/proportionate to what we got in return.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Anytime of the year is a perfect time to check out Beaches on the Columbia River in Vancouver, WA. Guests have a great variety in meal choices and the warm, welcoming atmosphere is exceptional. If there is a special event you are celebrating, Beaches staff goes out of their way to make sure it is 'extra special' for you. Let them know when you make your reservation.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Following a movie in downtown Vancouver, we decided to get a small happy hour type "snack" before going home. We chose Beaches because it was close, and the roads were very frosty that evening ( Jan 11, 2012).

We were warmly greeted, shown to a table that was near a large birthday group (too noisey) so we asked the hostest to show us another table further away. Our server then turned out to be "Eric." We selected from the menu and I had some questions about the clam chowder - how large a cup was compared to a bowl. Eric made some size indications with his hands and I selected the cup size which although larger than a coffee cup, was a bit smaller than I had hoped for. The chowder was excellent as well as the hot buttered rum I ordered. The bread sticks were just the right addition to my soup.

Eric returned to check up on us and I had finished the cup of chowder and he asked if the size was sufficient for what I was expecting. I said well, it was a bit smaller than I had hoped for, but I'm find with it. The expression on his face showed that he knew I was a bit disappointed, and off he went. A few minutes later he returned with some more chowder in the same size cup and said he hoped that would be the amount I had expected. Needless to say, he was spot on in recognizing my disappointment, and provided excellence in customer service by solving the problem and making a very satisfied customer out of me.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Terry the bartender is one of the best in the business and always make my wife and I feel very welcome