“Hidden Jewel”

Thai Little Home
Ranked #84 of 721 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed February 15, 2013

It isn't in a trendy section of town, but it is worth the drive to dine at Thai Little Home. We decided on a low key evening for Valentine's Day dinner and Thai Little Home was perfect. Although we have our perennial favorites...Paad Thai and Panang Beef Curry, the menu is quite varied with something for every Thai food afficionado. The chef will prepare your dish according to your level of preference for the spices. When they say "medium", be prepared for an attention getting level of heat. The sauces and ingredients are flavorful and fresh, the portions are generous (definitely enough for sharing or a take home bag). The spring rolls are crisp and flavorful and the plum dipping sauce is delicately sweet.
Although it is not an extensive wine list, the selection is well rounded and features some local wines, which I prefer.
The ambiance improves every time we visit and the service is friendly and efficient.
Take a detour to this family owned spot that has been serving delicious Thai cuisine for twenty one years. We love it and hope you will, too!

1  Thank vancouverbrowns

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Their lunch menue is easy to use with pictures of all the dishes. Great salad rolls, a kind of must have. Really liked the Tom Yum(sp?) soup. Have been there many times for their great Pad Thai and Pad key mao(sp?). Curries are also good. Good service, nice staff. Basic decor.Can get a little noisy,

I often take friends here.

Parking is a bit tight.

1  Thank 2thesun
Reviewed July 27, 2012

A friend and I just recently ate here and I have to say that I came away impressed. I ordered the Pad Kee Mao and it was very good (maybe a bit on the oily side) with tons of flavor. I had the lunch portion and it was more than adequate. The service was great and the staff was extremely friendly. The inside looked pretty much like most low-key Thai/Asian restaurants but it didn't seem dirty or ugly. The location was right off a main road but I could see how it might be easy to miss. It's kind of in a more rundown part of town but nothing to stop someone from checking it out. Before I found this place, I felt that I had to go into Portland for cheap (yet good) Thai food. It's good to know there is a place like this not far from where I live! I will definitely be back to check out some of the other items on the menu. If you live in Vancouver (WA) I would certainly recommend giving this place a try.

1  Thank tsibs7
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I ate here in a whim without reading any reviews. It took a while to get my meal which was wrong. Ordered green curry with tofu got green curry with chicken. Waitress was fine so fast I didn't even notice till she was gone. And by gone I mean GONE! I finally toon my plate to the cash register and waited 1-2 minutes for someone to come help me. They apologized and remade the dish though clearly they just replayed(even dumped it over ) and added tofu. I eat tofu cause it's taster but if you were vegan I could see how it might upset you.
Overall the food was fine it didn't win my heart and I won't return.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Very cutely decorated and fast service. The food was just a little off. I had Cashew Nut Chicken, the portions seemed small and there was little to no sauce. It tasted more like teriyaki chicken w/ nuts. Certainly not like Cashew Chicken in other Thai restaurants. My partner ordered the Thai Noodle Soup. The soup tasted more like stewed grass. Not our favorite. I guess we are just Pho people.