“Mom's birthday dinner”

Black Angus Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Angus Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 705 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 13th and D Street
La Center, Washington
“Mom's birthday dinner”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We made reservations for a Saturday night to take my mom to Black Angus for her birthday. I'm glad we made reservations because the restaurant was busy and there were people waiting to be seated. The lounge area also looked full. We were immediately seated in one of their cozy booths in the back. The waitress arrived promptly to take our drink order. The service was great throughout our dinner. As many others are writing, we too had the Campfire dinner which is a terrific buy for all of the food you get. In fact it is so much food that we couldn't eat all of our dinner and had to take it home. The appetizers and salad were good, but our filet mignon was over cooked. We ordered it medium and it came with no pink, so I'd call that medium well. My husbands New York came medium which is how he ordered it. So he was a happy camper. My mom recieved a large warm chocolate chip cookie with a scoop of vanilla on top with a candle. The waitresses sang a birthday song to mom which made her smile. Hubby and I shared a mud pie which was yummy. All in all we were very happy with mom's choice of having dinner at Black Angus. We'll be back!

• Visited June 2014

Battle Ground, Washington
“wonderful waitress, terrible salad”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My husband and I went here last night for our 37th wedding Anniversary. Our waitress was great. We ordered the campfire dinner for two which was $56. The appetizer was lacking, I thought it was pretty small...two potato skins, 3 shrimp, 3 buffalo chicken and zucchini fries. When it came to my salad, the cabbage was rotten! It smelled terrible! I told the waitress and she asked me if I wanted another one, I was done with salad! She told me when she told the manager, he said it was very strong cabbage! I have never smelled fresh cabbage like that! My husband and I ordered mushrooms and onions on our steak. I thought my prime rib was smaller than 8 ozs. My husbands was fine. The only thing we had to drink was ice water and my husband had coffee. Our bill totaled $75! I thought this was over priced and won't return! A new manager is a must!! We were never given a discount for the lousy salad nor were we given an apology!

• Visited June 2014
Vancouver, Washington, United States
“awesome service”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

the service and amount of food was incredible! sandi was our server, we went with the 40 dollar two dinners coupon, mid week about 6pm, seated fast had a huge appetizer, salad, bread, and the dinner came before I was done with the salad! had the biggest order of sautéed mushrooms I ever saw, the lone down point was the ribeye was very thin and had a little more fat than I liked, but other than that's it was a nice quiet dinner!

• Visited May 2014
Vancouver, Washington
“Superb Service”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We had dinner here with another couple. The service was great (our server was Alexandra)! We all had coupons so both couples wound up having the Campfire Dinner for Two -- with the coupon its $39.99 & includes any appetizer to share, your choice of entree with 2 sides & a dessert to share. All in all, a decent value for a lot of food. For appetizers we had the Sampler Platter & the steak quesadilla; both were pretty darn good. Salads were somewhat disappointing. We had 1 ceasar which was really light on the dressing. My wife & I each had the garden salad; mine was pretty skimpy & the dressing was applied haphazardly. For the main course, we had 1 Prime Rib (8 oz), 2 NY (12 oz) & 1 Sirloin (8 oz). I had the sirloin & it was delicious -- very thick & flavorful, looked more like a filet. The other dishes were cooked properly (rare) but were lacking in flavor. From past visits, the salmon is usually very good here. Tip: stick with the sirloin for steak or the salmonj.

• Visited February 2014
Ridgefield
“Good comfort food!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I was hankering for a steak and there are no really good steak houses around that are affordable. Then I remembered Black Angus. It was the Saturday before Christmas so we got there before the dinner rush. We ordered the dinner where you get a starter, choice of entree and sides, and dessert. The starter was the shrimp cocktail. Very average and only six shrimp, three each. Seemed too small for the $10 price tag. The cocktail sauce was really good, if you like it a bit spicy. We both ordered the rib eye steak and both were done as we requested. They were tender and very tasty. I got grilled mushrooms and onions on mine...very good addition. For starters I had the classic baked potato and broccoli. The potato was good, the broccoli a bit overcooked with too much parmessan cheese added. My husband had a wedge salad and wasn't told it came with bleu cheese. Not his favorite but they took it right back and gave him a new salad. He also had a baked potato. The dessert was cheesecake and it was very good. We also ordered a bottle of wine although didn't finish it. All around very good service. The building could need some sprucing up/modernizing but if you're looking for some good meat and potatoes this is the place to go.

• Visited December 2013