“Popular- for good reason!”

Jerusalem Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #398 of 736 Restaurants in Vancouver
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Dining at Jerusalem Cafe is casual, and the food is delicious. Visited for lunch and found ourselves lucky to be seated- the place was buzzing. Service was great and I loved looking at the images on the wall while anticipating the food which came in good timing and was delish. After appetizers I was full nearing the end of my lunch but could not stop nibbling so left with everything having been devoured. Would return in a heartbeat.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed January 5, 2009

Love the hummus plate with chicken. Popular place for lunch - get there early or wait. Family-owned operation.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 1, 2009

every time i go there i try something new and so far i loved every thing i have tried
every one work there are so friendly, they always remembers me and i feel welcome every time i visit . every time i take my friends to eat there they get hoked too.

Reviewed July 8, 2008

The hummus was excellent. Everything else about the meal was off.

I'm a vegetarian, and when I see "comes with mediterrenean salad" on the expensive vegetarian platter, I'm expecting something akin to a side salad with my meal. Instead, I get not one but TWO piles of flavorless (aside from VINEGAR) pickled cabbage, another pile of equally sour/vinegary diced tomatoes/cucumbers. These guys do not know what "salad" is.

The meal also came with a very unappealing potato salad (with peas and carrots in it?) and some sort of chutney. In addition to the falafel, which was so-so, and tabbouli, which I didn't like, but I don't usually care for. The portions were disappointingly small for the meal's price tag ($9.99), though I admit had they been any larger, I would not have eaten it all anyway, because it just wasn't very good.

In addition to the mediocrity of the food, my waiter spent nearly the ENTIRE time I was eating out talking on his cell phone. When he was finally finished, he came over and made a rather off-color remark to me: "what happened?? you tortured it!" he said, pointing at my plate (on which I'd kinda pushed around the sour cabbagey mess). I didn't know how to respond to that, so I just sat dumbfounded. He offered me more bread and a to-go box, and too embarassed to tell him I thought the food was terrible, I said okay.

Then, when I paid my bill, the two guys behind the counter got VERY interested in talking to me (I'm a sungle female, and I was there alone). One of them asked me what I do for a living, and when I declined to tell them, one made another off-color remark (insinuating I sell drugs!). I just wanted to lget OUT of there, but the other guy kept trying to strike up a conversation. Eventually I found an out, and basically just ran. Not only was the food awful, the waiters were CREEPY! I will not be going back.

Reviewed June 20, 2008

The atmosphere is simple but the food is great. Prices are very reasonable with most main courses for dinner at around $10-$12. For dinner, diners are giving a selection of appertizers which is included within most main course choices. With pita bread, it is a nice way to start. The lamb shawarma is great. Chunks of delicately spiced young tender lamb is sauteed and served with a choice of several sides. The Hummus bel laham is also wonderful with sauteed meat served on a bed of hummus. The staff is helpful and very friendly. Beverages are reasonably priced too. There is beer and wine service, albeit only a limited selection. I believe the owners are Christians which explains the many pork dishes being offerred. This is the top dining value in downtown Vancouver, WA. The neighborhood is safe and pleasant. It is a find. Bravo!