“Homemade hash”

Carols' Corner Cafe
Ranked #51 of 705 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Homemade hash”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My brother took me here because he had found this spot when living in Portland. It is unlike any breakfast diner I have visited in terms of quantity. I had homemade corned beef hash - it was good and enough to take home for breakfast again the next day. One of the best neighborhood diners around.

• Visited July 2014

Brattleboro, Vermont
“Volume”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on a suggestion and after having read some Trip Advisor reviews.
I ordered the special of Eggs Benedict. We wondered how they were going to cook the poached egg since they don't poach or boil eggs. The waitress told us they were basted.
The eggs were perfect. The rest of the dish however, was lacking. As I walked out to the parking lot, I felt worse than when I entered. Excess does not replace quality. The Canadian bacon was replaced with a half inch slab of ham. Not surprising, the hollandaise was nothing more than flavorless yellow gravy.
My companion order Biscuits with Gravy. Once again, the "biscuit" was a slab of some carbohydrate.
If this is Vancouver's Best Breakfast for year after year, then Vancouverites should just kick back in their recliners and embrace mediocrity.

• Visited June 2014
Commerce City, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Now that's a meal!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Breakfast portions were unbelievable and we only had the half orders! Everyone had leftovers and loved their food. Our drinks were never empty, they cleared our table so we could have room to talk after our meal, and we're incredibly friendly. Highly recommend this place!!

• Visited March 2014
Gearhart, Oregon
“THE BEST!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was the best breakfast I have ever had at a restaurant. The staff was friendly and courteous. The food was ENORMOUS to say the least. I could not eat it all so took it home and had two more meals out of it. I had the special for that day, corned beef hash, 2 eggs and hash brown potatoes. Not only do you get a lot to eat but it is delicious. My husband had scrambled eggs, sausage and hash browns. He said the eggs were the fluffiest he had ever eaten.

If you're hungry and want a good meal this is the place to go.

• Visited October 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“BEST BREAKFAST AROUND (aka Good & Plenty)”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Their breakfast, besides being huge are absolutely fantastically great. My first time there, I had scrambled eggs, hash browns & link sausages w/ sour dough bread. I don't know how they do it but the eggs were light and fluffy. The plate was hardy in side with hash browns totally covered the plate, then the eggs on top, then the sausage. IT WAS GREAT. My wife had the corn beef hash and it was the best she ever had ( and she's fussy). She wasn't able to finish it and took the remainder home. She got two more meals out of it. I didn't bother with lunch that day and had a light dinner. By far, this is now my favorite place to have breakfast!

• Visited October 2013