“Nice Restaurant”

Hudson's Bar & Grill
Ranked #3 of 738 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the beautiful Heathman Lodge in Vancouver, Washington. Hudson's is the quintessential urban retreat that provides guests with a calm refuge and a memorable experience. Discover the Northwest by savoring seasonal cuisine while relaxing next to our custom slate fireplaces or taking in the grand décor and original artwork. Your dining experience is eloquently enhanced by the live jazz piano music featuring locally acclaimed artists.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Thought we'd check this place out since it is rated so high on TA and was near our hotel. It is very attractive inside with an upscale feel. There weren't many people in the dining room; but the bar/lounge area was full for happy hour. Our server arrived promptly and was very friendly. We split a Caesar salad which was OK with a small amount of slightly brown lettuce that shouldn't have made it to the plate. The Caesar dressing was different than others we've tasted and didn't have the Caesar flavor we're used to. But, that's OK. My wife ordered the pumpkin ravioli with goat cheese, walnuts and sage infused brown butter. They were excellent and very flavorful. I ordered the meatloaf; because, I always order meatloaf when it is available. The meatloaf was served with a tasty brown gravy, mushrooms, horseradish mashed potatoes and charred carrots. The meatloaf, gravy and mashed potatoes were excellent; but, I didn't like the charred carrots. They were a little too charred for me and didn't taste like carrots. Although, they still had that carrot sweetness. My wife ate most of them and she said they were great. It must be a taste thing. Anyway, it was a good dinner and we'd go back.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

There are few places in Vancouver that stand out. The only other place that is close is the Grant House on Officers Row. The decor of the place, exposed timber (like a national park lodge) makes this place cozy. It is on the spending side for Vancouver, but not outrageous. You will send $18-25 per person on diners (food only).

I look forward to returning as it is one of the great places in town.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We when for dinner 3 times. The food was average and expensive.... The service was average also. They were not very busy but it took long time for our food to arrive...Not going back.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great food, service and I will come back! I don't think I saw any outdoor seating though. That would be nice, it's a beautiful setting.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The resturant has a variety of foods. Didn t have a bad meal there. Again staff was friendly and helpful. Recommend if don t want to go out if hotel.

1  Thank Janine B