“Superb Mother's Day Brunch”

Hudson's Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 721 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the beautiful Heathman Lodge in Vancouver, Washington. Hudson's is the quintessential urban retreat that provides guests with a calm refuge and a memorable experience. Discover the Northwest by savoring seasonal cuisine while relaxing next to our custom slate fireplaces or taking in the grand décor and original artwork. Your dining experience is eloquently enhanced by the live jazz piano music featuring locally acclaimed artists.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Never have I experienced a greater variety of food offerings, nor tasted anything better than what we experienced at Hudson's Mother's Day brunch. The place was packed, but a large,
horseshoe-shaped buffet, 2 lines beginning at opposite ends of the horseshoe, and meeting at the carving station kept things moving nicely. The variety was so awesome, you would just have to see it to believe it. On the near side of the buffet was a dessert table with exquisite pastries and cakes and more. On the far side was a cooked-to-order omelet station. The ambiance is rather woodsy with canoes and Indian artifacts, yet quite elegant. I would definitely recommend to friends.

1  Thank KizzysMom

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Service so appalling even a Canadian walked out.

We are ardent tripadvisor / urbanspoon / google review junkies and thought we'd found a gem while visiting Vancouver OR. The building beckons you to enjoy the bounty within. The atmosphere in the restaurant is casual formal. There is a beautiful hand carved canoe on the wall, custom iron hardware adorning the furniture and a fantastic ceiling. The menu lists the executive chef and goes as far as to describe where they source their poultry.

All of this sounds like one would expect of a remarkable dining experience, especially given the amazing offerings on the menu. But, as grandma used to say:

It ain't worth @$&! If the service isn't there!

You may have noticed all the details described above, that's because we sat in a booth ignored for over 15 minutes with nothing better to do than look around. After finally catching the waiters attention (menus on table, leaning out looking to make eye contact with someone / anyone) he said he'd be right back. 5 minutes later we walked out.

Wasted drive
Dashed expectations
Terrible experience

Still hungry

3  Thank sed8mepls
Scott G, Manager at Hudson's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

I am very sorry to learn of your lack of attention during your recent visit. This is far from the high standards of service we have become known for. I take these matters very seriously and do appreciate the review so we can avoid this from happening in the future. If you give us another chance in the future, please look me up so I can thank you in person.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

While visiting Portland, my sister took me and two of our old girlfriends to Hudson's Grille. We had the best experience. Our waiter was Ron, and he was the best. The food was so delicious. The scallops were excellent, the trout was tasty, and the steak cooked just right. At the end of the meal, our waiter brought us each a serving of bread pudding with a candle on it to celebrate the fact that the four of us were getting together after many years apart. We brought two bottles of our own wine and he just charged us for one "corkage fee" which was really nice. The restaurant is part of the Heathman Lodge and looked like a very nice hotel. I would return there again.

1  Thank SuzEQB
Reviewed July 12, 2013

What a neat experience! The food was awesome, we went on the fourth of July and they were only serving bar food, the bar food was spectacular, I can only imagine what the full menu is like!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I expect restaurants attached to hotels to have poor service, idiosyncratic overpriced menus, and mediocre food, so I'm pleasantly surprised when I find something better. This restaurant is attached to the Heathman Lodge and is conveniently close to several others. I ate here twice while staying at the Residence Inn next door and enjoyed both lunch and dinner. When we told the wait staff at lunch that we didn't have much time, she was responsive and made menu suggestions that she said would be prepared quickly. I enjoyed the unpretentious lodge atmosphere that offered some privacy from other diners. Wood décor and fireplaces are always comforting in the gloomy Northwestern winters. Prices were a bit pricey, but about what you would expect at a nice hotel. We had rock fish, salmon, Portobello raviolis, and burgers, and were happy with all of them. Nice fresh salads and excellent potatoes.