“Heathman Lodge confused with Heathman Restaurant”

Hudson's Bar & Grill
Ranked #4 of 741 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the beautiful Heathman Lodge in Vancouver, Washington. Hudson's is the quintessential urban retreat that provides guests with a calm refuge and a memorable experience. Discover the Northwest by savoring seasonal cuisine while relaxing next to our custom slate fireplaces or taking in the grand décor and original artwork. Your dining experience is eloquently enhanced by the live jazz piano music featuring locally acclaimed artists.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I received a gift certificate to any of several Landry's restaurants. We confused the Heathman Restaurant in Portland that is part of the Landry's chain with the Heathman Lodge in Vancouver and went to the Hudson's Bar and Grill in the Heathman Lodge. We had been to the Hudson's/Heathman once for a dinner a year ago, presumably Hudson's food, and lunch quite awhile ago.

The first thing I noticed was how loud area at the entrance to the restaurant was. A large bar accommodated about twenty people, and someone was playing a piano. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and shown to a cozy table next to a gas fireplace. The noise noticeably diminished, and even though the restaurant was nearly full (6 p.m.), we conversed comfortably in normal voices.

My husband ordered clam chowder and chicken marsala, and I requested a New York steak cooked very rare . My spouse has strong opinions about clam chowder and chicken marsala and especially likes how Jake's Famous Crawfish makes them, but he really liked both at Hudson's though they were different in interesting ways. My steak was grilled just right. When we mentioned it was our anniversary, we were treated to their flan topped with a candle.

Our misunderstanding of Heathman Lodge and Heathman Restaurant ended up with a fun, new dining experience without having to brave Friday night Portland rush hour traffic and pay for parking. Ditto to the comment about kind of hard to find. Look for the big Heathman sign and head in that direction.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great food, helpful staff. Prices are a little high, but a good place for that special celebration. A little hard to find if you are not familiar with the area.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Everything was excellent. Well prepared and beautifully presented. Grilled bread served with and olive/pepper olive oil. Very tastey.

Grilled Fillet Migon with just a nice grilled crust, tender and juicy. Blue Cheese mashed potatoes and glazed green beans. The potatoes were creamy and the beans crisp.
Scallops on a bed of mixed vegetables....scallops perfectly grilled and juicy - flavorful veges.

Finished off with perfect bread pudding and chocolate mousse pie.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Hudson's Reuben, Grilled Salmon Skillet, and Crispy Bread Pudding French Toast were great. The service was excellent as well.

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

The food is very good. But the waiter made me an alcoholic milkshake after I asked for an italian soda. I also requested no onions and got them on my main as well as my starter.

Pay more attention to your paying customer.

Scott G, Manager at Hudson's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Glad to hear your food was great! Sorry to learn of the ordering blunders as our place can get noisy when busy. We appreciate your review and use this type of feedback from valued guests to continually improve.