“wonderful Birthday lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

It was my wife's birthday. The weather was perfect. My daughter and son-in-law all showed up. My youngest had missed the previous occasions here and made all efforts to show up this day. She was not disappointed. Most of us got a basket of something. I made sure mine included lobster. The service was nice. The food great. I hated to leave. It has such a nice view of the river from the patio and as I said, the weather was perfect. Now I find myself looking for another excuse to celebrate something there. All my FB friends loved a picture of me with Joes bib on. I had a smile that only crab and lobster could produce.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Wow! hard to find under the I-5 bridge but worth it. Go in the middle of the afternoon and enjoy the sunshine; evenings are slammed. Best crab ever! Get a seat outside if you can. Lots of other stuff for non crab lovers. Crazy bar menu but remember you need a car to get there.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

A friend and I stopped by for dinner and were pleasantly surprised. The Mai Tai was just average - tasted a lot like "Tropical Punch" added to the alcohol. However, the steamer pots are amazing! Also the crab nachos are piled high and are delicious. Service was great, even though it was a full house. One drawback is that it is loud due to lots of music and the staff even does a bit of a dance for entertainment fun. Family friendly and good food, reasonably priced.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have to confess that I am very skeptical of chain restaurants but our experience at Joe's was really good. Great view, good service, good food, and good value. We will be back.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I suppose my take on this place is colored by the restaurant that USED to be here...it was called the Chart House, had outdoor seating, an enormous salad bar (can't find those any more) and really good steaks and seafood. To see what happened to that...just another noisy "casual" dining spot that reminds me more of Red Robin than anything else. Sure I had some crab...but it was frozen crab, not fresh. The place was noisy with loud waitstaff that said "you guys" all the time.

Okay, so I'm an old crab. But I hate noise and racket, plus paying for so-so food that I could get a lot closer to home. I miss you, Chart House. We were sitting outside having dinner right after 9/11....no planes in the sky at all...until a fighter jet flew over. We all cheered and I had tears running down my face. Some things you never forget.

3  Thank GatosGal

Been to Joe's Crab Shack? Share your experiences!