“Very good service and decent food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Stardust Diner
Ranked #18 of 699 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come join us at the Stardust Diner and step back into America's Golden Age of the 40's & 50's. Experience old-fashioned service and quality. We feature simple comfort foods made from the freshest, high quality ingredients. Order our hearty breakfasts all day long, burgers, shakes & malts, and full course dinners. Our standout food and stellar service will make you feel like you're sitting down at Mom's kitchen table.
San Jacinto, California
“Very good service and decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have eaten here a few times, always using a coupon from one of the flyers that come in "junk" mail, making this restaurant an even better deal than it already is. I know they are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner but we have only had dinner there. They have a decent selection of choices on their menu of American type of food, including sandwiches and dinners. Their waiters and waitresses have always treated us well there.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Michael R

Vancouver, WA
“Good Quality Nostalgia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I appreciate a quality, homestyle meal as much as the next guy and, with this place, it delivers exactly that in a '50s atmosphere. I usually have an order of giant, beer-battered onion rings with their meatloaf. The meatloaf comes with some sides. I would suggest corn and a dinner roll. I've had their cole slaw before, but I didn't particularly care for it. The onion rings come with ranch dressing on the side. The meatloaf is covered in gravy and has sauteed mushrooms and bacon. Considering myself a meatloaf connoisseur, I would prefer it without the bacon and have chopped onions and garlic instead. I wash it down with a glass of strawberry lemonade. I guarantee you, unless you're ravenous, that will fill you up with no room for dessert!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank vatonorteno
Vancouver
“Old Fashion Yum!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Where to begin: The front door!! It's like walking into Happy Days or something. Shakes, malts, burgers, breakfast, dinner, you can't go wrong. You will spend a bit if you go for the shake and meal but it is so worth it.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Rainy D
Saint Johns, AZ
“It was exactly what I expected from the good reviews I read before going”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I had read some great reviews on this place, and thought it sounded great. A 50's diner with home cooked food? Awesome!
And boy, was it. Good food, great atmosphere, clean, big bathrooms and booths (helpful for bigger, older, or handicapped persons), and the service was outstanding. We had no less than 3 people constantly checking on us and asking if we needed refills or anything. And never once rushed us. We talked about how much some of our older family members would have liked this place. They had some good 50's collections: Johnny Horton, Patsy Cline.. some I had never heard of. Some music out of time a bit too, but that's ok. We had a good time, with great food, and would definitely come back again!! It was worth the jaunt over from Portland.

1 Thank Adrianas6
Vancouver, Washington
“Great 50's diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

We have so enjoyed this diner in the almost 10 years we have lived in Vancouver. Jukeboxes at every table..Old LiFe magazine covers framed on the walls. The service and food are always very good. They serve breakfast all day. Perfect for families. They seem to always be busy, but we never feel rushed. I think one of the bonuses is coupons seem to be in all our flyers..it really does make it easier to decide to eat out. Rachel always the opener on Saturday mornings and we loved her. Now that she is a mom we don't see her as often as her hours have changed, but everyone else is super nice. I really like the fact that the owners are around and always are helping out!

• Visited August 2012