“Top Quality Food & Service with Very Moderate Pricing”

Thai Orchid Restaurant - Vancouver
Ranked #5 of 731 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2012

One of our hotel reward cards required that we either stay with them this month or dine at one of their rewards- participating restaurants so we ended up here more or less by default. It could not have worked out nicer. My wife had a Jungle Noodle with Tofu dish and I had the Pumpkin Red Curry Pork over Rice dish. Including my wife's Pinot Noir we were out the door on under $30 and the meals were absolutely delicious, the service excellent, the decor and ambiance first rate while checking off our hotel rewards requirement as well. We enjoyed this place so much we will return and also try their Portland location on Burnside.

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I am treated so well when I go to Thai Orchid in Vancouver Wa. They have both hot Thai and Makisushi for happy hour which makes it a particularly strong draw for me.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I had a few hours to walk around downtown Vancouver and wandered by this restaurant. I decided to step in and try their fare. I was not disappointed. I was in the mood for something different and tried their duck curry. It was loaded with duck, small cherry tomatoes, pineapple, and many other delectable morsels. It was very good and the highlight of my walk around downtown. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Itswoots
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I love this place. . I have been there twice. The first time I ordered chicken pad thai and it was AMAZING! The second time I ordered the special, Mango Paradise with chicken, and it was GREAT!

They have a pretty big menu which would have made it hard for me to choose but I was craving mango. The prices are right for the amount of food you get and the taste. I think the special was $12.50 which included the entree and a big bowl of steamed rice. I HIGHLY recommend this place!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

The Thai food is good, but the Sushi is GREAT. Some of the best sushi I've ever had, and it is very reasonably priced. The half-price sushi happy hour is short (9pm to 9:30 pm) but worth scheduling your night around!
Service is fantastic, restaurant is clean. Highly recommended.
I ate here several times while in Vancouver on business, and usually dined alone, which is sometimes awkward. Not here -- the guys behind the bar were friendly and made me feel welcome (not all restaurants are welcoming to solo diners).
Definitely my favorite Vancouver restaurant.