“My favorite Sushi restaurant anywhere”
Review of Yoshi Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yoshi Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Vancouver, WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite Sushi restaurant anywhere”
Reviewed March 24, 2008

I've been to Yoshi's numerous times, and always rave about it to my son (and anyone else who will listen!), who always wants to go himself (he adores sushi and sashimi); however, I've never taken him. I recently took him and he LOVED it - he's already talking about the next time we go! We sat at the sushi bar and spoke with Yoshi while we ate and had a blast - he's a wonderfully friendly man, and does the most exquisite work - and believe me, he never missed a beat working, even though he was talking with us. The sushi is the best in the Northwest (and trust me, I'm picky). If you want authentic sushi/sashimi, along with other Japanese dishes, Yoshi's is definitely the place to eat.

1 Thank MizRoxie

Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Sushi Restaurant in the Northwest!”
Reviewed September 27, 2007

Absolutely best sushi restaurant around! We were regulars at Yoshi's. After going there just a couple times Yoshi (the chef) knows you by name and will even make some of your favorite dishes before you even order! Yoshi's has the freshest sushi and the portions are huge. A little goes a long way. Very good price compared to most Sushi places.
During the dinner rush it is a little bit of a wait, but not too bad. Gives you more time to relax and talk! It is not for someone on the go unless you call ahead with your order. We moved to Eastern Oregon and every time we visit Vancouver that is always our first stop!

1 Thank familyof4Oregon
washington
“great food but with long wait time”
Reviewed August 19, 2007

i like their sushi which is probably the best in vancouver, wa area. other food is great as well. good japanese food. only one big negative thing here is the sushi chef is really, slow and you will probably wait for a long time for your sushi...... (when the restaurant is crowded) he just seems to like to talk a lot. i would advice you to avoid the crowded dinner time.

2 Thank cotik