“This place sucks other”

Muchas Gracias Mexican Food
Ranked #332 of 731 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 28, 2013

For a major fast food restaurant chain, this place is terrible. The food was just bad. No flavor. My experience started with an almost slip on a freshly mopped floor(6:00 is not floor mopping time). My salsa went crashing to the floor, but I managed to save the tray of food. I should have let it fall, because it wasn't very good. The place looks very run down inside. Truly our last time here.

2  Thank Johnlh347

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Ok, just so everyone knows, this wasn't my first time.
I actually normally enjoy this place. Its one of those slightly run down but decent fast Mexican food.
This however, was the first time that I went to this location.
Staff was ok. Not super nice, but not rude.
Food started out ok. Enough flavor but nothing to go crazy over.
Then it happened. My fiance bit down and I heard a crack. I look over and he's holding his mouth. He spits something out and shows me.
He almost cracked his tooth on a ROCK!
So, I'm not normally a controversial person but I thought this was a bit much. I go up and show them. I mean, they might wanna know this right? She seemed very apologetic, was wondering if I wanted something else or a refund.
She also said, and I quote "We get our beans in bags and sometimes they gets rocks in them. I'm sorry"
I was honest and told her that we are prob going to be going somewhere else and that I would like a refund.
She got her manager to ring up the refund. She looked at me as if I am the one who put the rock in the food! Right! Because dinner was so expensive that I needed an excuse to get out of it??? (By the way, if you have never been, its about as much as a fast food place. We got 2 meals and a side of taquitos and it was only about $17 or so)
Anyways, so when they refunded me, they only gave me the refund for the burrito. Ok, I did eat about half of my meal. But neither of us could finish it. We didn't wanna break out teeth on any more rocks.

Like I said, normally I don't mind this chain of restaurant's. If I am craving Mexican and I want something fast to go and somewhat authentic, then this is usually my choice. However, I think I'm going to go less authentic and stick with Taco Bell from now on.

2  Thank RzsPcs
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I would have to say if you don't eat fast food then this is a nice subsitute for burgers etc. The place is always clean and the food though not real inspired is consistent. I do love their beans and often stop by just to get them for my own dinner at home.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

If you need cheep Mexican fast, this place is for you! It's fairly traditional, but not fabulous (and I love good traditional Mexican!). I do like the fish tacos.

Reviewed February 5, 2010

I have visited this restaurant on several occasions because I like the Carnitas tacos. The problem was that every time I got them there was a HUGE hunk of slimy fat in them (almost a mouthful). I kept thinking this was maybe a fluke but the last time I got them, not only was there the usual hunk of fat, but also a white hard piece that was oddly shaped and looked like a piece of someone's molar. That did it for me. Never again at this place. I always hear how good Muchas Gracias is, and this was the only location I tried, so maybe it is just this one?

4  Thank Vancouverleds

Been to Muchas Gracias Mexican Food? Share your experiences!