“Great coffee”
Review of Torque Coffee - CLOSED

Torque Coffee
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 4, 2014

During our morning break we went across the street to get a cup of coffee at Torque Coffee. The coffee was so much better than what the hotel was serving.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Best hazelnut soy latte I've had, and a decent GF muffin. That's a gold star in my book. I will definitely go back if I'm in the neighborhood. Bonus. ...you can bring your pooch! :-)

Reviewed June 24, 2014

A local coffee roaster/purveyor. Go here for the experience of being in a locally-owned coffee emporium with an eclectic blend of seating and a staff who acts as though they genuinely appreciate your business. Limited pastries (cookies, muffins and biscotti) with incredible coffee.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This place is straight out of the show Portlandia, but not full of itself. The space looks like was converted from a gas station garage. It's big, airy, well-lit, and comfortable. They have outdoor seating too. The staff were attentive and the coffee was great. They also sell juices, waters, and some other beverages. I was happy to see they had decaf; some coffee places are so snooty, they refuse to serve decaf. I was staying at the hotel across the street and came over here twice. The only reason I'm not giving them 5 stars is that the selection of foodstuffs was pretty limited, both times I was there. They do have gluten-free, which is nice, but it would be great if they offered at least twice as much variety. Other than that, great place to hang out.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I love the coffee here and will say it's excellent - real baristas, great roasts, there's really nothing more to say because it's A+. The atmosphere, in my opinion, could use a bit of an upgrade. I understand it's "industrial" and meant to look that way - that's fine with me but there are a few comforts that it lacks. Mainly, the seating and tables look like it was slapped together with whatever they could find - I'd appreciate some real furniture that someone put real thought into. Hard wooden church pews, old 1970's vinyl chairs, and metal outdoor chairs may seem quirky and cool but most of these things aren't comfortable (except the vinyl chairs) if they were we'd all put them in our houses.

My second point is that in the summer, this place has no A/C and it's hotter than Hades in there. Lastly, parking is TERRIBLE for those of us driving in. There is no parking on the block of the cafe, only a handful of metered spaces across the street which are usually always taken. I know this isn't the cafe's fault but it's still worth mentioning.

1  Thank DaCouv