“Lovely historic house - wish the food had matched it”

Ulysses S. Grant House
Ranked #11 of 55 things to do in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: General Ulysses S. Grant lived on the property of this stately house on Officers' Row while serving at the Vancouver garrison, and today, visitors are welcome inside the historic home.
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We took out of town guests to Grant House for dinner partially because one of them is a Civil War buff who was most interested in Grant's connection with Ft. Vancouver. We thoroughly enjoyed walking around the historic area, poking around the house, looking at the exhibits, recounting Grant's career,etc. The dining area (both inside and out) is lovely and our server was very attentive and well informed. The food, however, was mediocre, at best. I had read reviews before making reservations and expected it to be fresh and creative. Instead it was predictable and, dare I say, old. I felt like several of the options we selected either had been frozen or made well in advance. We may go back again sometime just to make sure we didn't hit an off night (regular chefs gone on vacation?), but I doubt if we will ever take visiting guests with us again.

2  Thank Vancouverval

Reviewed May 4, 2012

For a nice relaxed dinner, my wife and I love going to Grant House and eating on the porch on a warm evening. Great atmosphere, the food is consistently good and the prices are reasonable. The bar inside has an excellent selection of whiskeys.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

We ate dinner here and enjoyed their delicious food. The service was just okay. The lady was friendly enough, but barely so. I would give the place another chance since the food was so yummy.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

quiet romantic,jazz music ,staff,nice location to take a walk either before or after dinner.
Great palce also to have events ,business meetings

1  Thank warmwatergirl