All reviewsa nice hot showermicrowave refrigeratorroom was cleanstayed hereplenty of hot waterplace to sleeptwo nightsking bedfree wifinice hoteltvchannelsgrocery
Reviewed November 3, 2014

Once again I was staying at a 2 star motel at a great rate and prior to getting there I was thinking OK how bad is this going to be? I was pleasantly surprised - the overall room was well maintained and the daily cleaning service was quite good - I had nothing to complain about. Realize that this motel is a 2 star with no other amenities other than the room, I did use the WiFi and it was quick. I was there for 3 nights. One other thing that was nice was that the motel was quiet - I attribute this to the mix of guests staying there - no loud talkers outside my room or kids running up and down - compared to some of my recent stays in Orlando - I really appreciated the peacefulness. If in the Portland/Vancouver area in the future - I would certainly take advantage of the great price and value from this motel

Room Tip: I was on the first floor, backside, toward the end and I had a very quiet room.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Erich B
Reviewed September 12, 2014

I got this room at a great deal for a weekend of hiking near Mt St Helens. It was actually cheaper to stay here than two nights in a hostel in Portland. I was a little worried since I was a female traveling and staying alone, but the place turned out to be just fine. The neighborhood didn't seem shady at all. There were other big chain hotels nearby. I also appreciated that it was right next to a big grocery store and gas station. My room was dated, but very clean and that was what was most important to me. The room had a mini-fridge, older TV, and AC, but no hairdryer. I also met the owners (managers maybe?) when I checked in. An Indian couple. They were super nice and helpful. I've seen conflicting reports, but there was not a breakfast offered when I was there. The location was really easy to get to and I didn't have to deal with a bunch of Portland traffic. Overall I'd definitely stay at this place again. Nothing fancy, but perfect as a place to sleep for just a couple of nights.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2014

We needed a ground floor, non smoking room on a Saturday night--we hadn't made a reservation. Guest House Motel had what we need and it turned out to be a nice surprise. It's very clean and has all the amenities you could want and more, if dated. Comfortable beds, great Wi-Fi connection, cable TV--everything we asked for. And our host was very gracious and insisted we see the room before registering us.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms go first.
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The clerk in the office was the nicest I've experienced in a very, very long time. Very concerned about my comfort, where I'd like the room, upgrading me because I came in late and there were better rooms available.
The room was clean, the internet was fast, the TV worked perfectly.
My only complaint was a very lumpy/old mattress, which I had to sleep upside down on because it was killing my back to lay in the dip.
If the beds were replaced, it would be 5 stars from me.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank JLSalter
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

This cozy little place is our "go to" when we're in Washington. Its not fancy or ultra modern, but it's always very clean and cozy. Far enough off the road that you don't get traffic noise, easy freeway access, close to lots of restraurants, onsite laundry and more.

The manager and staff are friendly and accommodating. The rates are excellent for the value you get.

• Stayed: June 2014