All reviewsa nice hot showermicrowave refrigeratorroom was cleanstayed hereplenty of hot waterplace to sleeptwo nightsking bedfree wifinice hoteltvchannelsgrocery
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The personality of the overweight Caucasian desk clerk who welcomed us was a little salty. And he smelled.

The room was very clean and way more spacious than expected (with one queen bed in it). The bathroom sink area has been updated. We used the provided soap, but not the ketchup packet shampoo. If your particular about shampoo, bring your own. The carpeting was acceptably clean.

The bed linens were very clean also, the bed itself delivered a nice night of sleep. The hotel was full the summer Saturday night we were there, and it was very quiet overnight. No noise through the walls, no noise out in the parking lot. Room included a fridge (no freezer compartment) and micro. The bed side "tables" that are attached to the wall were very beat up, I'd encourage management to replace them, or at least sand and polyurethane the wood.

It was hot during our visit (for Vancouver), and the AC worked quietly and well.

There is a grocery store across the road, very handy, but dining in the nearby area is limited. There is a coin laundry at the hotel.

We were pleased with the stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Hi, I stayed here after attending the Spartan Sprint in Washougal. I did not expect much at all because I simply looked for the cheapest space available. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by how clean and comfortable it was there. I had a nice hot shower and a great nights rest. Tried to watch TV because they had an excellent selection of channels but I was just too tired. If I ever go for a discount room again I will ALWAYS look for a Guest House Motel FIRST!

Note! The water pipes are loud so if you are a light sleeper you will wake early when folks start taking their shower.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and woke to sound of water running when other rooms started taking their showers. Not sure if it's the case in other areas...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ariel H
Reviewed July 14, 2013

From the outside you expected more; and then you get into the room and it was wow is the same place. We reserved a King bed and got a lumpy double bed. The nicest thing in the room was the new entertainment center. The bathroom was recently remodeled; the bare minimum was done but don't look up the ceiling, it was cracked and when fixed it wasn't done professionally and I am not sure what was splattered on the walls, I probably don't want to know. When we arrived we asked if we wanted housekeeping, we said yes; we left the room at 10 and we came back about 2, expecting the room to be cleaned, but no had been there. The housekeeper came walking down the sidewalk with a piece of paper and a dirty rag. walked down to the room 3 or 4 doors down and wiped off the door and wandered back down the sidewalk; needless to say no housekeeping, no clean towels or sheets; we emptied our own garbage. The neighborhood is scary at best, there was a guy selling drugs on the corner and a field full of weeds and grass, I am sure that at one time there was another property there and it was condemned and torn down, the Guest House Motel should have been knocked down at the same time. The price is cheap but so is the motel and spend the extra few bucks for another motel. this place isn't worth the powder to blow it up with. Don't stay here!!!

Room Tip: Avoid this place like the plague, room has spiders and and bugs!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I'd have rated this 3.5 if possible. What you read (overall) is correct. Inexpensive, but clean. Not a lot of amenities (and admittedly, the continental breakfast -- cello-wrapped mini danishes and crappy drip coffee in very small styrofoam cups served in the teensey reception office--leaves you wondering in what world this is a continental breakfast). Don't expect fancy bed linens and multiple bolster pillows that you find at many hotels these days (you'll get smushy pillows, basic white sheets and those polyester bedspreads). But one needs to realistically adjust expectations to purchase price. Great for a short overnight stay when you don't want to stay overnight with family, for example.

Room Tip: Be sure to note in reservation notes "Must have good internet" to ensure they know you want to be near their wireless access points.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

The only thing that wasn't up to par was the tv and cable connection. But it was clean and well maintained. We will defiantly stay there again. Centrally located to major stores, right off the freeway and right next to the Starbucks.

• Stayed: June 2013