“Well worth a try”

Five Guys
Ranked #281 of 728 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have eaten here a few times since they opened about a year or so ago. They remind me of "In and Out" burgers which of course, are not located in this area but we did have them back in California, which is where we used to live. I would say their quality is comparable to "In and Out" burgers. I have never really had an "excellent" burger but I would say the burgers here are as good as anywhere I have been. Their fries are also pretty good.

1  Thank Michael R

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Yummy burgers with lots of good toppings included in the price, decent fries (but I don't eat fries much, so I'm no connoisseur), peanuts to shell and eat while you wait, and pleasant, efficient service My only complaint: the bun is just to the sweet side of bland and is also useless, a real zero. It's like Wonder bread and instantly compresses to mush, so it doesn't even hold the burger together. By the time you're two bites in, everything's falling apart. This could be an amazing burger if they could just figure out the bun!

Reviewed March 28, 2012

This is not my first visit to a Five Guys, but it is the first visit for my relatively newly- opened neighborhood location. This location was very similar to all the others I've been to-cases of peanuts in the shell to snack on while you wait for your order to be prepared, bright, clean interiors, helpful staff, etc.

While I read of others waxing poetic about how good the burger is here because it's never been frozen, personally I just can't get excited about it. I especially don't like how they 'assume' (read push) the double burger on you unless you ask for the 'Little', which is plenty big enough. I feel the same way about In-N-Out, totally overhyped.

That being said, I am in LOVE with the cajun fries. Hot, greasy, spicey-what's not to like?! A 'small' spills out of the cup and into your bag--enough to easily share with someone else (and I don't normally share!). I only wish they served beer to go along with it. Next time I am getting my order 'to-go'.

It is a little on the pricey side for burgers and fries, but you have to figure in the free peanuts and drink refills to make it a real value. I'll go back when I have a fry-hankerin' and get the hot dog (which I've had in other locations) and be perfectly happy with that to go along with my wonderful cajun fries...