“Unsatisfactory Experience”

Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Texas
“Unsatisfactory Experience”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We stayed at this La Quinta for 5 nights over the Christmas holidays, and would never recommend this hotel. The toilet did not work, and maintenance went home after 5pm. Ants were in our room and the room was not sprayed until the 3rd day of our stay. We had ants in our luggage when we got home (still alive, and no food was ever in our luggage). Housekeeping did not clean well, or change sheets when asked, never removed any dirty dishes, or clean the coffee maker. One day, they didn't even show up. The front desk was not knowledgeable about the housekeeping policies, and wasn't even sure when the complimentary breakfast started or ended. Save yourself grief and do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Washington State
Reviewed December 30, 2009

This hotel was absolutley wonderful! The staff was very very nice! The breakfast had a great selection, and was very good. Pool was great! The location of this hotel is the best location in the area. Rooms were very clean, spacious and comfy! Beds were the best we have ever slept in! The hotel was sold out the three nights we stayed, but it was SUPER quiet! I REALLY reccomend this hotel, and will return for sure!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank happyjtravels17
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Next time I will stay at the Holiday Inn Express, a better value for the price.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Idaho
Reviewed October 18, 2009

This hotel was wonderful! It was CLEAN! The staff could NOT have been friendlier- from the manager, to the front desk staff, to the woman who set up the breakfast, to the cleaning staff. They all went out of their way to congratulate us on our daughter's wedding. We will NEVER stay anywhere else in the Portland/Vancouver area. We have and will recommend this hotel to everyone we know.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank happytravellerIdaho
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed September 26, 2009

I often stay at La Quinta when traveling for the cost, but this one definitely is worth the money. The room was very clean and the staff was excellent; I was happy with the amenities and location to I-5.

Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Lawerence S
ManagementLQ, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, October 4, 2009
Management at La Quinta appreciate your comments for Hotel having friendly staff and nice amneties. You are a value coustomer who is visiting us so offen. Thanks being a repeat Guest. La Quinta is commited for comfortable stay of the Guests. Yes, Hotels location on I-5 & I-205 is convenient to lot people travelling between San Francisco, Portland & Seatle.This buiding was renovated recently, which has been apprecited by guests like you. It is our pleasure to have you back again & again.Thanks.
Philomath, Oregon
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I attended a stock dog seminar about fifteen miles from this hotel and it was recommended to me. I must say, I had my stock dog and a kennel for it, and brought a blanket and dog stuff. I stayed three nights in a fine room. The staff was very nice. My interactions with the lady at the breakfast center, and the two different night clerks from Thurs, Friday and Saturday nights was commendable.

I would definitely come here again based on my four day, three night experience.
Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Yelm WA
Reviewed August 22, 2009

My adult developmentally/physcially disabled son, his service dog and I were traveling home from vacation when our truck broke down in Portland. We were stranded for two days while waiting for the truck to be repaired. Our first night we ended up at the Holiday Inn as it was close to the auto mall. As you might imagine I was frazzled and stressed out. We were out of clean clothes, stranded in an area we didn't know and unsure about how long we were going to be stuck before we could get home. Since I had no car I was at the mercy of the motel staff for whatever assistance we might need. I found the staff at the Holiday Inn marginally helpful and thought they had an attitude of not wanting to be bothered. My son's service dog really seemed to annoy them---at first I was told it was a "no pet" motel. When we arrived we looked like a rather rag-tag group; we were tired, stressed and hungry, (it was around 10;00pm and we still hadn't had a chance to eat dinner what with the break down, waiting for the tow, etc) and the staff acted as though we somehow messing up their lobby. The room was clean but small and the beds were very hard.

The next day we were able to move to the La Quinta Inn and Suites Vancouver. What a wonderful difference! We arrived before the "allowed" check in time but when I explained the situation we were given a room immediately. The ladies at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful. When I explained that we were out of clean clothes, one of the desk clerks provided me with a couple of little boxes of laundry soap and dryer sheets so that I could wash clothes at the on-site laundry room. The room was very comfortable and roomy. The staff was accommodating towards my son and his service dog. We were able to relax for the first time since the car repair "drama" had started; we swam in the in-door heated pool and I even had a chance to work out a bit on the treadmill. (The only negative I would add is that the in-door pool is quite small. It was fine for us as just my son and I were swimming but I could see where it would be annoying if more than three or four guests were using the pool at the same time--especially if they had kids playing in the pool.) The free continental breakfast was also good. The beds were comfortable and the shower had good flow.

Over all I would highly recommend this hotel and will happily stay again if I find myself in that area.

• Stayed August 2009