“Make sure things work!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Vancouver
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The morning of my arrival I received a phone call saying my card on file had been declined. I have stayed and worked in hotels and have never ever had one that wanted to charge my credit card prior to check in. When I told this to the lady on the phone she seem annoyed, even when I explained to her that I have 2 more reservations and that I don't want them to charge my card until I arrive. Once we got to our room on the 3rd floor we had no A/C at all and the room was quite warm all night. If I had noticed this as soon as we got in the room I would have requested to be moved even though they were sold out. The light over the full length mirror was burnt out, we called to report it and they sent a maid right away, but she was unable to reach it so I had to stand on a chair to change it my self, no big deal but kind of a liability issue for the hotel if I had fallen.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

After trying La Quinta on the way up the coast in Grants Pass, we stayed at the Vancouver WA La Quinta on the way back down. Certainly a great hotel for an overnight. The room was clean and nicely appointed. The staff was very friendly. And it is very convenient to I-5.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Jane W
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have stayed at this property several times while heading south. It is clean and very convenient to the I-5 but still quiet for a good nights rest. The breakfast is the same as at most la Quinta's. Adequate but a bit boring after a week or so on the road. Our only complaint if there is one at all, is that the hotel is pet friendly and at times there can be a lot of dogs in residence. Unfortunately not all of them are well behaved and we found that yapping dogs were annoying when the owners were out for dinner and the evening. Otherwise, a very good property with lots of nearby places to eat.

Room Tip: Have always found the rooms, no matter what location, to be much the same. Good idea to stay away f...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Selah, Washington
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Appreciated the wide choice of foods for the breakfast and the assistance of the gentleman working there. He looked more official in the white jacket.
Design of the bathroom could have allowed a little more room. Bed was wonderful.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

If you're someone that wants a good inexpensive hotel in a good area but doesn't need a lot of frills, I think you will really like this place. It's very clean and well kept. The area seemed very safe. There are a lot of fast food restaurants and some family places like Applebees nearby. It's right off of I-5 and easy to find. I was on the top floor at the end of the hall and found it to be very quiet, easy to get a restful sleep. Breakfast had some waffles, sausage, and biscuits/gravy for the hot items, and hard-boiled eggs, fruit salad, and the usual cereal/toast/bagels for the rest. Plenty of tables in the dining room, although you do have to remind the staff occasionally when they are out of things.

The only thing I would mention is that while it is not a long drive into downtown Portland without traffic (maybe 10-15 min.), frequently traffic will back up over the drawbridge northbound on I-5 no matter what time of day and make the trip 30 minutes give or take, so keep that in mind if you plan on making frequent trips in and out of Portland. Otherwise, this hotel is a fantastic value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This hotel was very comfortable and clean with very friendly and helpful staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is travelling to this area. The staff were excellent, the breakfast was good with lots of choices and the rooms were spacious.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here for a soccer weekend, like most of my travel. I was very happy to find this La Quinta. It was super clean, the breakfast was great, the rooms were wonderful, and the beds were very comfortable. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Stay here, before going some place else.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family