“Great bang for your buck!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Vancouver
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Syracuse, New York
“Great bang for your buck!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

After driving from NY and camping in a slug-infested tent the night before, we were ready for any hotel. Plus, we were only paying $65 and didn't expect much. However, when we arrived and saw the outside waterfall and indoor lobby, we knew we were in for a treat. The room was very clean and spacious. The laundry facilities were great, although they only had one washer and dryer. The location was very convenient and right off the highway. The breakfast was enjoyable and much better than some other hotels that offer a similar style of breakfast. Overall, although we would have slept almost anywhere, this hotel greatly exceeded my expectations. Clean, convenient, and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this La Quinta to everyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
East Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed July 18, 2013

When I first walked into the lobby of this motel at 1 AM...the first thing I thought to myself was, 'can a poor professor afford something like this'? It was gorgeous! As it was, I think I grabbed the last room in Vancouver that night/morning...and the price was extremely reasonable. This was partly because, for some reason the room did not have a television! My desk clerk explained that that was the reason she still had it, because she couldn't rent it to anyone! I explained to her...I don't even have a television at home....so this made the room feel even more like home....For the incredible price she gave me...I didn't even bat an eye...until I laid down on the very nice bed in my TV-less, quite, and spacious room. This is a beautiful facility, it's clean, very modern, very accessible. The property is centrally located on the I-5 corridor, close to access to the Pacific Coast, Portland, St. Helens and the Columbia Gorge. My stay was perfect, where I could prepare myself for a trip the next morning to Portland. The breakfast was excellent and the food diverse.

Outside the lobby is a wonderful pond surrounding a fountain of water that's springing forth from a huge hexagonal Basalt column. After breakfast and to just enjoy the morning, I strolled out to this fountain and noticed some big coy, that immediately came to the surface asking for their breakfast. So I went back inside and asked the desk clerk if I could feed the fish. She gave me their food and so the fish and I enjoyed the morning together. By the way, when you visit, I'm sure there will be more fish for you to enjoy as one of these fishies was about to increase the ponds population. Such a nice staff, such a nice place to stay. Everything was perfect! and I think I am staying one more night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the La Quinta Vancouver on July 9 & 10. We were visiting friends in the Vancouver area, as well as using the hotel as a base to tour the Columbia River Gorge. The hotel is well located and has many positive aspects. Check in is very efficient and friendly. All the members of the front office staff are pleasant and upbeat. The breakfast is as to be expected. The reason that I give an average to this hotel is that I believe that more attention needs to be given to the housekeeping department. The staff members are pleasant, but they tend to do rather hit and miss on the rooms. We checked in and found a dirty towel in the group of towels in the room. When we pulled back the sheet on one bed we found a false eyebrow. There were some nail clippings on the night table. I do think that management needs to take a closer look at the housekeeping department.Some upgrades are needed in the bathroom, namely poor operating water faucet. That having been said this hotel is good value but management does need to take a closer look at cleaning and maintenance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gulfman6
texas
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed 2 nights for a quick Oregon trip. The hotel was beautiful and a great location, close to highway. I cant really comment on hotel facilities, as there were too many things to see and do in the area to hang around the hotel much, but breakfast was a standard hot breakfaast from Laquinta, and the room was comfortable and clean.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had to check into the local La Quinta because of water damage at our home. We have two kids and thought the king suite would be larger so we weren't stuck in a tiny room. The employees at the front desk were very friendly. The room itself is nice as well. When we took the hide-a-bed out from the couch it was awful. It was worse then awful. It was stained and basically flat. The mattress had nothing left except for springs. My daughter tried to lay on it but it was actually painful. In no way should these rooms be rented as a 4 person room. I called the front desk to see about switching. They were booked so no other rooms were available. She also told me that all the couch beds were like that so reason to try another king room. Needless to say when our family was displaced for 3 months we didn't get what we needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family