“Excellent value”

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Spanaway, WA
“Excellent value”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed 1 night at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Vancouver WA. It was one of the best stays we have had in a hotel in a long time. Staff was very friendly and attentive. As a Pet Friendly hotel it was very clean. The dog area outside was large enough for several dogs at ont time, and it was very clean, no piles of pet leavings as at other pet friendly hotels. The compimentary breakfast was great, quite a good selection of food and it all seemed very fresh. Although we didn't make use of the pool or the fitness room they both seemed
very clean and well maintained. The only down side was that the beds were a tad bit softer than we were used to but that was not a big issue. Overall the stay was excellent and I would definitely recommend LaQuinta to other friends who travel with thier pets.
In addition the fireplace in the main room by the front desk was a definite attraction and we used it as a backdrop for several photos. Thanks for the opportunity to review our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Vancouver
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have stayed at other La Quinta's before so while looking for a hotel near Lacey and Portland, we did not hesitate to choose this location. If you are sports fans check out Buffalo Wings. This was a suggestion from the front desk clerk, which turned out to be terrific.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Vancouver, Washington, United States
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I had my wedding party there January 2013 and reserved a king suite for myself and the groom and 2 another rooms one our three friends, which was under our name, and one for the person whom was marrying us, which was under HER NAME. The groom was to stay in the room with his friends the night before the wedding as a tradition to not seeing eachother the day before the wedding.
The IDIOT at the front desk, BRYAN, gave the grooms room away to the person marrying us and allowed her to check in under OUR (the grooms) name. Of course when the groom and his friends came to check in to their room they had NO ROOMS AVALIABLE for them and i (the bride) had to get up at 330AM to allow all 4 guys to sleep in our suite that night. The front desk acted as if we were a bother because they gave our room away, ruined the night before the wedding for the bride and groom AND we had to room for our guests to be in. To top it off they charged us for the "NO SHOW" for the room of the woman marrying us because the IDIOT bryan allowed the woman to check in under the grroms name!!!!
Getting them to realize THIER mistake and charging us for the xtra room was RIDICULOUS!! They acted like I was trying to get stuff for free, being extremly rude and disrespectful. Im not paying for a room I DID NOT USE because they make mistakes.

I was hung up on, talked down to, given the run a around, disrepected all because the workers didnt know how to do thier job. I needed to talk to one person and one person only and that was the manager so everytime my husband and I called she "wasnt avaliable" and the all made it seem like we were inconviencing them because we would call every day and the manager wasnt avaliable.

I finally got my refund for the ONE ROOM I never used, but still have NEVER spoken with the manager. I WILL NEVER STAY AT A LA QUINTA AGAIN just because of the way i was treated at this one

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

7 Thank Cami120
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

This is really a tough review for me. I really loved this hotel. So the negative, and there is only one.

1- The linens were crisp, white and beautiful HOWEVER, once I got into the bed, I poked my foot on something. When I pulled the covers back, there was a bobby pin and hair on the lower portion of the bed. Wouldn't have been a problem except neither the hair nor the bobby pin was mine. Since I use a hotel primarily for sleeping, it just grossed me out.

Now, on to the wonderful things about this hotel:
1-The lobby of this hotel was absolutely stunning. If You enjoy a country like them, You'll love it.
2-The room itself (king suite) was very clean, and trust me, I looked.
3-There was plenty of room considering there is a bed, night stands, a coffee table, a desk, tv console and sofa.
4-The bathroom was clean. The water had great pressure and the shower head was at least 6 feet up. So plenty of room for taller people. The water heated up rather quickly and lasted the duration of my shower. The hairdryer worked well on both the low and high setting.
5-The microwave worked well.
6- The mini fridge worked well and had a tiny freezer but I think it was just for ice. I wouldn't recommend buying ice cream or frozen meals, they wouldn't fit.
7-The coffee maker seemed to sit a little high up on the self but it worked for me.
8-The closet was roomy and contained an iron, ironing board, extra pillows and a blanket yet plenty of room to hang clothes and put suitcases.
9-The pool was very clean and the water was around room temperature.
10-Breakfast was pretty good. Served from 6am to 9 am the breakfast items available were:
Waffles, pancakes, hard boiled eggs, a variety of yogurts, bagels, breads, cold ceral, fresh fruit, canned fruit, regular and decalf coffee, tea, apple juice, orange juice, donuts.....
11-The evening/night receptionist was wonderful. He had great recommendations for restaurants.
12-Location was prime for easy on/off I-5. Yet didn't hear the traffic.
13-Felt safe.

Overall, this hotel far exceeded my expectations and I would definitely stay here again, I'd just check the linens first!

• Stayed February 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Right off of I-205/I-5 super convenient. Good sushi nearby, Walgreens, Safeway and Fred Meyer. Hotel staff is friendly, rooms are pretty decent and clean, the breakfast is not the most wonderful but decent never the less. Pretty quiet too. Free wifi is nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple