“So glad we found this place.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Vancouver
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
“So glad we found this place.”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We love this place. Clean, quiet, comfy beds, nice staff. When The Heathman Lodge got too expensive for us we started looking for a new place to stay since we travel here quite often. The price is amazingly reasonable. The only thing missing is a hot tub, but each room has a nice bathtub, which is missing in many hotels these days. We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Picked this place strictly for price. Just needed a place to stay on our way to Portland late one night. It was what I expected for the price. The person working the desk at check in wasn't rude, but was rather abrupt. I guess I'm used to them usually asking how your trip was, or making a little conversation, but that's okay. Our room was a bit worn. Could use a new coat of paint, the bathroom grout was missing in spots in the shower. It was pretty clean and the bed was fine. I was shocked that breakfast was included. Nothing fancy but it was nice to have that available. You can hear freeway noise a bit so keep that in mind. We were on the first floor, but I never heard anyone walking around above, just heard a toilet flush once in awhile.

Would I stay again? Yes, only as a quick stop as this was. We checked in at 9pm and were gone by 7am in the morning. We would usually stay at a Best Western, but this saved us over $40 dollars so I think it was worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We use this hotel when we want to enjoy Portland. Free dog stay, free parking, free breakfast, free Wi-fi, spacious rooms, friendly staff, and very good value for money.
We'll be back again for the spring visit to Portland :-)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Carpets need some help, after a while of walking around the room the bottom of my white socks turned black. Wasn’t very comfortable allowing my daughter to walk around or play on the floor. I think they were cleaning the carpets because it smelled great throughout the hallways, maybe they never reached the room we stayed in. The furniture was outdated and worn out. The late shift front desk clerk was not very courteous. My wife asked for a crib and with no explanation she was just told to come get it in rude manner. Now being a military family we don’t expect much but a little friendliness goes along way with anyone. Overall the hotel was average, would stay there again. No real doggy area but they provided waste bags storage container but no bags. Average breakfast, what you would expect from most LQs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed December 11, 2012

After driving 14+ hours, I was ready for a good night's sleep! I noticed several dogs being walked outside as I drove up, and thought, "cool, they let pets stay". What they didn't tell me upon check-in was there was a dog show, and the hotel was FULL of dogs. I like dogs, I even love them, just not as much when I'm tired. It makes no sense to me to put all the people who come for a good nights sleep on the same floor (or even the same wing) as all the dogs. That was my wake-up call at 6:15AM! Yip yip yip yip. Upon check-out, I told the front desk that in future they might consider repositioning their reservations; her response was, "you should have called the desk to complain about the barking"...well, not sure what that would have done since I was already awakened...the idea is to sleep uninterrupted ...at least that was my idea...lovely dogs, bad management.

Otherwise, it's a clean hotel and I'm sure if you don't hit it on a dog show it's quite lovely. Just would have been nice to have had the information before booking and paying...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank elizabeth h
GMLaQuinta, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay here with us at La Quinta Inns & Suites. I want to express my greatest appologies to you for such a horrible stay you encountered here with us. I will be speaking with the front desk staff about you being told "you should have called and complained to the desk". That is unacceptable. If you are ever back in the area, I hope you would be willing to give us another try as I would love another opportunity to prove our facility to you and your family. Again, I am sorry for all the dogs in house, and you are correct, when booking your room, you should have been made aware, and this is also something I will be speaking to my front desk staff about as well.

Thank you again for you time and valuable feedback,
Kelly Landrum
Front Desk Supervisor
360-566-1100
Hudson, WI
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at LaQuinta, Vancouver for 10 nights. First and foremost, it is a great value - the staff was friendly and the room was clean. The room (King Studio Suite) is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker, making it ideal for a longer stay. The room decor was fairly standard, but there was some wear and tear, and an "old style" tv (not flat screen). My biggest issues were with the mattress (too hard for me), and the sheer window covering which allowed lots of light in at night and made me feel like people could see in the window - although the room was on the third floor it overlooked some sort of trucking(?) business. Not good if you need total darkness to sleep well, and/or you are a female traveling alone.
The hotel itself is in an easy to find location, and very close to numerous restaurants, as well as grocery stores. I didn't try the pool, but did use the fitness room once. It's small and only has three pieces of equipment, which could use some tuning up I think. The breakfast was decent, waffles, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal, fruit, juice, bagels, and coffee. There is also free wi-fi, maybe it was just my iPad & laptop, but it was really slow and disconnected frequently. One bit of advice - If you don't like dogs or are allergic, this might be the hotel for you, as it's a very dog friendly hotel, evidenced by all the people staying there for a dog show the last couple days of my stay. Didn't bother me as I love dogs, but not everyone does I know.
Being new to the area, I did want to explore a bit, and found nearby Salmon Creek Park a beautiful place to walk (bring $3 cash to park if you go). I also like to try local restaurants when I travel - Fatty Patty's "Slop" (hash browns, bacon, some other stuff, smothered in gravy, and a biscuit the size of a loaf of bread - delicious, but major carb overload. On the healthier side, I loved that I could get a smoked Salmon Salad at Burgerville, a local fast food chain.
All in all, I had a pleasant stay, and will stay there again on my next visit, although I am hoping they will do something about the window coverings. Happy travels!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business