“MIITARY MOVE”

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
A TripAdvisor Member
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Carpets need some help, after a while of walking around the room the bottom of my white socks turned black. Wasn’t very comfortable allowing my daughter to walk around or play on the floor. I think they were cleaning the carpets because it smelled great throughout the hallways, maybe they never reached the room we stayed in. The furniture was outdated and worn out. The late shift front desk clerk was not very courteous. My wife asked for a crib and with no explanation she was just told to come get it in rude manner. Now being a military family we don’t expect much but a little friendliness goes along way with anyone. Overall the hotel was average, would stay there again. No real doggy area but they provided waste bags storage container but no bags. Average breakfast, what you would expect from most LQs.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

After driving 14+ hours, I was ready for a good night's sleep! I noticed several dogs being walked outside as I drove up, and thought, "cool, they let pets stay". What they didn't tell me upon check-in was there was a dog show, and the hotel was FULL of dogs. I like dogs, I even love them, just not as much when I'm tired. It makes no sense to me to put all the people who come for a good nights sleep on the same floor (or even the same wing) as all the dogs. That was my wake-up call at 6:15AM! Yip yip yip yip. Upon check-out, I told the front desk that in future they might consider repositioning their reservations; her response was, "you should have called the desk to complain about the barking"...well, not sure what that would have done since I was already awakened...the idea is to sleep uninterrupted ...at least that was my idea...lovely dogs, bad management.

Otherwise, it's a clean hotel and I'm sure if you don't hit it on a dog show it's quite lovely. Just would have been nice to have had the information before booking and paying...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank elizabeth h
GMLaQuinta, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay here with us at La Quinta Inns & Suites. I want to express my greatest appologies to you for such a horrible stay you encountered here with us. I will be speaking with the front desk staff about you being told "you should have called and complained to the desk". That is unacceptable. If you are ever back in the area, I hope you would be willing to give us another try as I would love another opportunity to prove our facility to you and your family. Again, I am sorry for all the dogs in house, and you are correct, when booking your room, you should have been made aware, and this is also something I will be speaking to my front desk staff about as well.

Thank you again for you time and valuable feedback,
Kelly Landrum
Front Desk Supervisor
360-566-1100

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at LaQuinta, Vancouver for 10 nights. First and foremost, it is a great value - the staff was friendly and the room was clean. The room (King Studio Suite) is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker, making it ideal for a longer stay. The room decor was fairly standard, but there was some wear and tear, and an "old style" tv (not flat screen). My biggest issues were with the mattress (too hard for me), and the sheer window covering which allowed lots of light in at night and made me feel like people could see in the window - although the room was on the third floor it overlooked some sort of trucking(?) business. Not good if you need total darkness to sleep well, and/or you are a female traveling alone.
The hotel itself is in an easy to find location, and very close to numerous restaurants, as well as grocery stores. I didn't try the pool, but did use the fitness room once. It's small and only has three pieces of equipment, which could use some tuning up I think. The breakfast was decent, waffles, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal, fruit, juice, bagels, and coffee. There is also free wi-fi, maybe it was just my iPad & laptop, but it was really slow and disconnected frequently. One bit of advice - If you don't like dogs or are allergic, this might be the hotel for you, as it's a very dog friendly hotel, evidenced by all the people staying there for a dog show the last couple days of my stay. Didn't bother me as I love dogs, but not everyone does I know.
Being new to the area, I did want to explore a bit, and found nearby Salmon Creek Park a beautiful place to walk (bring $3 cash to park if you go). I also like to try local restaurants when I travel - Fatty Patty's "Slop" (hash browns, bacon, some other stuff, smothered in gravy, and a biscuit the size of a loaf of bread - delicious, but major carb overload. On the healthier side, I loved that I could get a smoked Salmon Salad at Burgerville, a local fast food chain.
All in all, I had a pleasant stay, and will stay there again on my next visit, although I am hoping they will do something about the window coverings. Happy travels!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012

If you say at La Quinta, I would not recommend room 208. It has an exhaust vent outside the window (please, see photo) that we assume, is from the fireplace. It roars until late at night which means that you cannot have the window open. It also is smaller than some of their other king sized rooms which cost only a few dollars more. To be fair, I screwed up and got what I asked for.

Otherwise, this is a fine establishment that we will continue to stay at (in another room). It is in a great location when traveling on the I5. The staff are efficient. The place is relatively clean (considering that they allow and encourage pets to stay). It has a lovely big fireplace that we love how they decorate it for Christmas.

Room Tip: don't stay in room 208 but stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel has an attractive ski lodge reception area with fireplace burning ( when I visited in November) adequate continental buffet breakfast with yogurts, cereals, fruit, donuts, juices and hot tea, coffee as well as coffee machines in the bedroom. There is an elevator, somewhat obscure near the fireplace in lobby. There is free parking, free wi-fi (after you put in your room number and password) available in the room (not just wi-fi the lobby in some hotels) and quiet rooms even though the hotel is near the main road and freeway (I-5 and 205). The location is very convenient to Safeway where there is a small Starbucks, Mc Donald's, Applebee's, Round Table pizza, Subway, Panda Express and a post office just across the road inside a convenience store. Great place to stay, with easy access to freeway and food sources. P.S. when I stayed there was a dog agility convention and there were guests staying with their dogs so I presume this hotel is 'pet friendly.'

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank cheerieone
A TripAdvisor Member
Ingleside, Texas, USA
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Several family members had approx. 7 rooms at this hotel. They were wonderful in letting us get together in lobby area to visit in the evenings. Had nice indoor pool and gym rooms. Would recommend this to anyone traveling with family and pets. Had treats for dogs at front desk, and bags when you had to take dogs out, to keep grounds clean.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family