“Very strange check out for 2 .Asking for 20% tip ??? was it required???” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Costa Restaurant Mexican Restaurant

La Costa Restaurant Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #175 of 699 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Chehalis, Washington
“Very strange check out for 2 .Asking for 20% tip ??? was it required???”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a good place to eat when we noticed lots of cars around La Costa Azteca. We pulled in and sat down for a meal. I have to say the booth was worn out and my butt was sagging almost to the floor. Not comphy at all. The waiter was polite and efficient but I asked him about the pictures in the menu if they looked like the dish I was going to have. He said no. Hmmmm Well I ordered pork enchaladas with mole sauce and my wife as always has polla ala creama (chicken with cream sauce) The mole was very good but my wifes dinner was a lil runny and kinda brown looking.
Well The waiter brought the bill and I put the card on the table but he did not come for a long time. I flagged him and said I would like to pay and leave. He told me the machine was busy and it would be a few minutes. Huhhhh strange.....well about 5 minutes went by and he brought the actual card reader to the table. It was worn and dirty. He handed it to me and said you must push one of these tip amounts to process the card. I almost fell over there were 2 buttons 20% and 22% I am like What.....I pushed the 20% and decided I would push back by posting this review. I will NEVER GO BACK!!! this is Unheard of!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank dallasrd

Vancouver
“Gluten Free Winner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Took my hubby out to dinner tonight to La Costa. We had not been there before and were very happy with our service. The manager tries to keep up on food allergies and as soon as we told the waitress my husband had to be gluten free she had the manager , Manuel, at our table going over the menu with us. He told us that as soon as he knows there is a customer there with a food sensitivity he has all the kitchen staff, cooks etc. change their gloves and clean the surfaces so our food won't get contaminated. He let us know some things we wouldn't have thought of such as the corn chips are fried in the same frier as flour tortillas. Important to know these things. It is great to go out and get such knowledgeable service. He was even talking about putting together a separate gluten free menu to make it easier on those that need to order g free.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank JeannineDy
Vancouver, Washington
“Changed for the worse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I gave this place a great review in June 2012, unfortunately this restaurant has changed for the worse. I went here with my friend on 1/11/13, and I had the Chile relleno combination..the Chile relleno was NOT fresh, tasted like it was straight from the freezer to the steamer. The attitude of the staff sucked and has gone way down from June. I tried to ignore it from the last visit, but can't ignore anymore. Thinking management or ownership changed. Bummer, used to be my fav Mex restaurant...not anymore. :(

2 Thank Tracy T
Vancouver, Washington
“worst place I've been in Vancouver”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

decided to try this place after reading reviews and were we sorry we did. sat at a table in the bar and the bartender came over and took our order for drinks. no greeting, couldn't crack a smile, seemed angry and rushed. he walked off quickly and made the drinks and upon delivering them spilled a little of mine and just rushed off. margarita was overly sweet and i'm not even sure there was alcohol in it. salsa wasn't bad, average chips. we ordered the fish tacos as recommended on reviews and they were NOT GOOD in the least. the fish was fishy and the flour tortilla they came in was super dry and crumbly. i spit mine out and my husband ate one and we decided to just pay and leave. when the bartender/waiter picked up our food he didn't bother to ask why so much wasn't consumed, just brought us the check. terrible low rate food and equally bad service. don't waste your time or money, just go elsewhere. won't be hard to do better.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Carol L
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great fish tacos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Ate here this week while staying at the nearby Residence Inn. Good food, fair prices, service was a little slow especially since it was a Monday night. Would eat there again.

• Visited September 2012